• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sol Campbell has come in to 6/4 on Skybet.......... God please no!

please no, we had that with Barnes. Ex England player with loads of caps and a big ego thinking he can make league 2 players play like premier league ones.

To be fair he did ok at Macclesfield in his first job (altho was involved in them going bust by claiming his unpaid wages). But it’s the way he comes across that doesn’t make him popular.

think there would be a mini uproar if he got the job

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, he did a decent job at Macclesfield, but he was under no pressure there given the desperate position they were in when he arrived. It is a very different situation at Rovers.

As Sparky says, he also comes across as arrogant and aloof and that never goes down well with our supporters (Adams, Brabin).

In reality, I don't think there is any chance Palios would appoint him.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
I will throw a name in the ring for manager, soon to be unemployed, so will be looking for a job. Donald Trump, before you laugh and dismiss his name as a joke, think it it out, nearly 70 million fanatical fans at every home game, just think what that would do to the clubs finances, I realize that Prenton Park would be to small to accommodate so many, so a new stadium would have to be built, but that could be easily paid for from the 70 million extra pints, hamburgers and hot dogs sold before the match, not forgetting the 70 million cups of coffee and pies sold at half time, then you have the replicate shirt sales, I know 70 million of them would have to have Trumps name printed on the back of them, but this would be a small price to pay for having a stadium that would accommodate 70 million fans. Just think what 70 million of Trump fans descending on it, would have on the economy of Birkenhead as well. On the footballing side, just think the opposing player bursts into the penalty area and is brought down, what ref, would give a penalty knowing he would have 70 million fans screaming for his blood and knowing he would be sued and the penalty overruled in the courts, likewise what linesman would put his flag up for offside or a foul and disallowing a goal for the same reason, also what manager or team would even try to win a match or score a goal if they knew they had 70 million of Trumps supporters to contend with before they even got out of the ground and knew they would be be sued and the result overturned. Within five years I could see Tranmere being Champion league winners and us all making plans to attend the World Club finals. Tranmere with Trump as manager, would be a match made in heaven. I am just amazed that Mark is wasting his time considering anyone else and is not already in the White House not signing Trump up.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Campbell now the favourite with some bookies. Hopefully it’s all meaningless

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sol Campbell has no record of taking sides up the table and with Southend and Scunthorpe being so poor, our prospects of relegation aren't that great. If we are serious about being promotion contenders, need to go for a manager with a history at that end of the table.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’d still give Keith Hill some consideration. 2 separate promotions to league one with Rochdale

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Could Dawes and Parky be giving Palios a headache? Mark has seen what giving an assistant manager a job can do but even in his interviews Dawes did come across like he was a lot more positive than Jacko and performances support this

personally I want Adkins, Cook or Keith Hill but could be interesting.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Could Dawes and Parky be giving Palios a headache? Mark has seen what giving an assistant manager a job can do but even in his interviews Dawes did come across like he was a lot more positive than Jacko and performances support this

personally I want Adkins, Cook or Keith Hill but could be interesting.
He is buying Palios time but I think it would be a mistake to appoint Dawes

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Derek Jones mentioned that Paul Ince was there today in a scouting capacity.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, I think it would be a major mistake to appoint him. The players are showing their quality now, but it is difficult to read too much into the 'dead cat bounce' period.

drwhoman

As far as Dawes is concerned we should wait and see. Whether the last two results have been a result of the players allegiance to him or embarrassment at their own part in Jacko's failure, or even a bit of both, who knows, but we should not rush to appoint a new Manager now. See how the next week or two goes.