• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Palios said “If a manager is looking for a platform through this difficult time then there's not many better (then Tranmere), as a platform for someone to re-engage their career for six months and then see where we are at the end of the season."

If that isn’t directed at Adkins then I don’t know what is!!

Player
aldo
ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's all very quiet on this front at the moment. all very intriguing and exciting to boot. is it going to be billy bob? Geoffrey or Adkins or someone else

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Micky Mellon and Billy Bob, what a pairing that would have been! :D

ADD

Player
Norwood
Clough apparently going to go to Mansfield...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Still all quiet on the managerial front.

I think we need to appoint somebody before the next League game at Port Vale. I would not want the caretakers in charge for an extended period.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We need a new man in the sooner the better but looks like wont be this week now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
How long did it take to appoint Jackson once Mellon had gone?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can't judge from one game and no idea how competent the Dawes/Parky combo will prove to be, but if they're doing a decent job then that reduces the pressure on the Palioi to make an early appointment. If the bigger names aren't attracted by the 'shop window' idea, it will give Mark the time to do due diligence on the rest of the field and get the right man in. If, on the other hand, the Harrogate performance was a flash in the pan and we revert to Jacko style v Accrington and beyond, then it will become more pressing to get the new manager installed.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Can't judge from one game and no idea how competent the Dawes/Parky combo will prove to be, but if they're doing a decent job then that reduces the pressure on the Palioi to make an early appointment. If the bigger names aren't attracted by the 'shop window' idea, it will give Mark the time to do due diligence on the rest of the field and get the right man in. If, on the other hand, the Harrogate performance was a flash in the pan and we revert to Jacko style v Accrington and beyond, then it will become more pressing to get the new manager installed.
I don't disagree but I still think it is highly unlikely Dawes will be given the job permanently.