• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

ADD

Player
Norwood
Aidan Jones has just said we are in advanced talks with Adkins altho Dawes and Parky will take Saturday's game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m not too opposed to Dawes and Parky taking Sat game. Whilst I wouldn’t want them long term, we did see significant improvements to the performance on Tues so they will be fine in the interim.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I’m not too opposed to Dawes and Parky taking Sat game. Whilst I wouldn’t want them long term, we did see significant improvements to the performance on Tues so they will be fine in the interim.
Indeed Ian. I suspect if Aidan is correct which I think he will be... then like when MM took over and watched from the stands againat Wrexham then Adkins will be in the stands for Saturday - but Dawes and Parky will be responsible for the squad on the day.
As an aside Dawes spoke well in his pre-match interview I felt - more eloquent than Jackson ever was and whilst clearly not wanting to say anything bad about Jackson he clearly gave enough hints that the change of tactics and approach will for sure continue for however long he is in charge.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I watched Nigel Adkins with a short but bubbly morning video on his Twitter feed from his home in Hampshire. He does come across a likeable and really positive guy. Made me feel really positive just watching it and nothing to do with football!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I personally thought Jackson spoke well in his interviews. The issue was on the pitch.

In relation to Adkins, I agree with Sparky that he is the kind of character that can lift the mood at the club, similar to MM when he arrived.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nigel Clough confirmed as Mansfield boss. Will be interesting how cookie features whose been warming the bench recently.

Adkins now a strong favourite altho Graham Alexander still in contention.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I personally thought Jackson spoke well in his interviews.
I did too and goes someway to explaining why he was given the job. However, I also thought he had zero personality, there was just no spark there. I think you need a bit of that too.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I watched Nigel Adkins with a short but bubbly morning video on his Twitter feed from his home in Hampshire. He does come across a likeable and really positive guy. Made me feel really positive just watching it and nothing to do with football!

He is clearly someone with far too much time on his hands ;) and a lot of pent up energy going to waste - just the sort of character to lift the spirits at PP. Add to that he is an ex-player and a very experienced manager who is known to MP. He is also a qualified physio, so should be able to reduce the risk of players' injuries. The only downside is his home being in Hampshire. Would he be able to move or would he have to do a weekly commute?

Player
aldo
be the weekly commute. won't be the first to do it and won,t be the last just get it done and let's get moving knowing mp he has had 5/3 hr meetings already and still needs a few more lol

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good point BBTC on the distance, especially in these strange times. He actually led Scunthorpe to promotion twice I think before his successive promotions with Southampton. Not much success though since 2013 so if he got the job there would be no guarantees of success (same for anyone though)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rumoured elsewhere that two other surprising, 'big name' managers are in contention. Our squad seems to be drawing a few suitors.

With regard to Adkins, he was actually successful in his last job at Hull but they did not match his ambition and he left. No manager guarantees success, but I would be more hopeful with Adkins in charge than someone like McGreal.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Very interesting names though would be surprised if either got it.