• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Shame. Adkins would have been a great fit. At least we have somebody at the helm who we can trust to do the risk/benefit analysis. Next ...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Disrespectful to the club and the fans. I’d have though a role till the end of the season with a decent bonus for promotion would have been fair. Then, if he succeeded, he could leave and would have polished his cv.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Shame. Adkins would have been a great fit. At least we have somebody at the helm who we can trust to do the risk/benefit analysis. Next ...
Sounds like he didn’t really want the job and his heart wasn’t in it. It was just about the money. Glad he’s not coming with that attitude.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'm of th opinion that some out of work managers think there will be a number of vacancies shortly what with the international break in the championship & chairmen with itchy trigger fingers in league 1.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Disrespectful to the club and the fans. I’d have though a role till the end of the season with a decent bonus for promotion would have been fair. Then, if he succeeded, he could leave and would have polished his cv.
I think it's pushing it a bit to call it "disrespectful" when it appears to be a leak rather than a public statement. And, to be fair, we don't know what other irons NA has in the fire; like anybody else he will trying to achieve the best rewards for his skillset. He doesn't owe Tranmere anything bearing in mind that his relatively short time here was the best part of 40 years ago. Despite rumours that appear to be from a good source, we don't know the ins and outs and probably never will do.

Having said that, the scenario you mention would have been an ideal one from our perspective.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Like ONIGP, I don't attach any blame to Adkins, assuming the rumours are true. He is a proven EPL / Championship manager and, let's face it, he would be doing us a favour by dropping to League Two.

He is just looking after his career which is what any candidate would do, even John McGreal or Ian Dawes.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The ITK poster on the other forum suggested the hopes of getting Adkins had ended a few days ago. If the rumours are true, then the gulf between the parties was too wide to bridge. Adkins would have been a good appointment, but we move on. Maybe one of the big names who've shown an interest on bigmart's information or someone else.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
The ITK poster on the other forum suggested the hopes of getting Adkins had ended a few days ago. If the rumours are true, then the gulf between the parties was too wide to bridge. Adkins would have been a good appointment, but we move on. Maybe one of the big names who've shown an interest on bigmart's information or someone else.
Any further suggestions who these 'big names' are Boz? I was hoping an announcement was going to be made the early part of this week, excited almost!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Any further suggestions who these 'big names' are Boz? I was hoping an announcement was going to be made the early part of this week, excited almost!
Sorry, I’ve no idea, mate. Bigmart is aware of the names, but isn’t able to disclose anything.

drwhoman

I dont know who is going to be interviewed just a couple of names who applied for the job.
So would we be happy with them if they were interviewed and got the job? Would either of the people be sensible appointments I suppose. Experienced people with a reasonable cv? We all know it is a bit of a gamble with anyone. Just hoping we do not get stuck with another John Barnes!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
So would we be happy with them if they were interviewed and got the job? Would either of the people be sensible appointments I suppose. Experienced people with a reasonable cv? We all know it is a bit of a gamble with anyone. Just hoping we do not get stuck with another John Barnes!
I would be happy with either of them. :)

Not sure they will be appointed though.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Come on fellas we can be trusted!! We’re all in the SWA after all!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dug this out from the archives..

Seems like the general instinct on here is a correct one, so whoever comes in, I'm listening to you guys! And just for the record, I voted unsure! :speechless: