• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We seem to be finding a home for disgruntled Peterborough players! Seriously, Woodyard looks an excellent find. Cowley rated him and now he clearly finds himself frustrated at London Road. He went on the transfer list last summer, broke back into the first team through injury, but now finds himself pushed out by a new loan signing. I expect his contract is up at the end of the season, so he's putting himself in the shop window. His injury record is good and he has not missed many games. He is a late developer, but has now played over 50 games in League One and is approaching the peak of his career. Hopefully, he'll do well with us and will want to stay.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Firstly, think it's far too early to write CBT off. He was apparently having a good game at Lincoln before his harsh sending off, while as BBTC reminds us he scored the winner at Coventry. Sure there are issues with his all-round game, which hopefully the management will work on, while the poor condition of the PP pitch recently may also be a factor in his below par performances.

Clarke is a good recruit, hopefully considered for the captaincy while Scott Davies is out and capable of bringing on which ever central defender he is paired with. The Monthe to Pompey rumours are being reported in the local press down there. Can't say Woodyard has registered with me when playing against us, but his position of protecting the defence may be one that doesn't stand out to an opposing fan and it's good to be adding a player who is clearly competent at this level.

Who else might come in? If both Wilson and Borthwick-Jackson are injured for a significant period, then arguably another player to cover full-back is required, especially given Ridehalgh is also injured. Unless we can move someone on, it would be surprising if we added more than 3 to the squad in this window.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Matt Jones has confirmed that Borthwick Jackson has gone back to United, which frees up space but does leave us a bit light in the full back areas given Woods' injury record.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Love the way we send most loanees back crocked! Is it wrong of me to already start contemplating how many matches our new signings will last?

Player
aldo
jackson was crap so no shock there . we will have more coming in i know they are looking at least one forward . but asked not to say who . so keeping it stum . there will be a few more to come as well mp has said they have kept some budget back to use in jan if needed . and it sure is

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
CBT looked scared to put in a challenge against Coventry - it occurred to me that maybe this was down to having had two red cards already this season. I also agree our pitch doesn't help players like him. He had a shocker but I think we need to cut him a bit of slack. As Boz says, Lincoln were struggling to deal with him before he was sent off and, as his goal down at Coventry showed, he undoubtedly has the talent

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
CBT didn't put a foot in at the Coventry away game - albeit he got the goal. I think Payne even had a pop at him in that game for too much "after you Claude" stuff.

Player
Manager
John King
In fairness, I don't think his principal role is to throw in tackles. It is to create chances and score goals and he has shown he has the potential to do that. Workrate can be improved on, natural talent can't.

Salfordwhite

Player
Michael Ricketts
why do we sign these players? was he scouted/recommended? looking at his last 2 performances he,s going to be useless in a relegation dog-fight, reminds me of the winger adams brought in (can,t remember his name) who always went awol when needed

Rob Taylor who recently appeared on the BBC programme wanted down under.. He chose to stay in the UK :)

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Not asking CBT to throw in tackles, but at least get closer and get the off foot in. If workrate and attitude can be improved upon, he need to get a move on. As without the ball it will be 11 v 10

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky post match says plenty more irons in the fire so would expect more signings this week.
Will be interesting if Mullin and Payne stay - one taken off at half time and has barely featured with the other scoring the equaliser

Player
Manager
John King
Not asking CBT to throw in tackles, but at least get closer and get the off foot in. If workrate and attitude can be improved upon, he need to get a move on. As without the ball it will be 11 v 10
He worked very hard and played very well today.

drwhoman

CBT is a young player with ability and who will still have ambition. I am sure he will prosper with the right management.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've got the gen on Danny Hylton from my Luton mate and he thinks he's a gem. Surely we can afford him now?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Micky post match says plenty more irons in the fire so would expect more signings this week.
Will be interesting if Mullin and Payne stay - one taken off at half time and has barely featured with the other scoring the equaliser
Hopefully one of those irons is a full-back, given our current lack of cover in that area of the squad.
Payne is 6 months into a 2 year contract. Seems to have fallen out of favour, but hard to move on unless an offer comes in he wants to take up. Mullin seems to be used more from the bench now, think he'll probably see out his contract.
I've got the gen on Danny Hylton from my Luton mate and he thinks he's a gem. Surely we can afford him now?
Hylton at 30 has only played one season at L1 level, averaging a goal every 3.5 games in that before injury curtailed him last March. On his record, doesn't look that out of the ordinary. What features of his game does your mate rate?