• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
However, not all the signings should be short-term sticking plasters and it will be challenging getting the right mix in.
I think that is a valid point. We won't be able to sign ten players in the summer, so some of the additions need to be for the long term if we are going to improve the squad sufficiently for next season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ideally they should be longer term but in reality anything to keep us in this division is probably good enough for now. Rebuilding can be done in the summer trying to replace the spine of the squad.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Calm down, everyone. Let’s see what business Micky can do this month. We’ve two free hits before the next league match - a crunch against Southend.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What concerns me is that micky has said we maybe have to get some out before we can bring more in, surely this can't be right

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes just watched the interview. With the squad down to the bare bones who can we actually get rid of? I can only think of one of Payne or mullin. Ponticelli will go back but he can't have cost much. The monthe rumours continue and as important as manny is, you wonder would they let him go for decent money now we've got Clarke in and could bring others in.

Patios may just not be rich enough to spend much more. The Indonesian investment was 15% but we don't know how much that equates to in transfer budget terms. Or Micky could be playing mind games and we've got money to spend.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I am thinking it could be mm playing down that we have a bit to spend

Player
aldo
what ever i either way if mp wants to stay in lg 1 some money needs spending we have a poor team and it needs dealing . ahhhhhhhhh sorry i am positive by nature but not tonight just frustrated and pissed off . i even left b4 the 90 today and i never do that

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Payne is on 2 year deal apparently on decent money by our standards so could be tricky getting him out of the door.

Player
Manager
John King
Payne is on 2 year deal apparently on decent money by our standards so could be tricky getting him out of the door.
I would guess it would be Mullin to go before Payne, but we will see. Stefan still gives us more over ninety minutes in my view.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Given Connor Jennings wouldn't sign a contract extension in the summer and is starting to come good in L1 after a shaky start, might we listen to offers for him? Mullin is out of contract in the summer too and we actually paid for him, so again might be receptive to any offers.

Player
aldo
let connor and mullin go we need more we need quality . i love connor been fantastic at times but we can,t keep letting players go for nothing

Player
Manager
John King
Personally, I would not want Jennings to go anywhere. He looks up to the standard now (relative to a lot of the rest) and has the fight and desire that is essential in a relegation battle.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Personally, I would not want Jennings to go anywhere. He looks up to the standard now (relative to a lot of the rest) and has the fight and desire that is essential in a relegation battle.
Neither would I, but it may be a case of needs must...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with RLC that selling Connor would be a bad move. He’ll have plenty of affection for the club given the last few years and Micky clearly loves him and has been playing him in his preferred position in the number 10 role, which he won’t be changing soon as he prefers Ferrier as a lone striker.

like others Connor struggled to adapt to league one but has been better of late and was MOM yesterday so I would be offering him a new deal. He must be close to being in his prime late20s?

unless of course he wanted to leave. If someone like Salford came in and offered him good money on a 3 year deal then it wouldnt surprise me if he left for financial reasons and to go to a Level he’s more comfortable at. Time will tell.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would keep Conor as he is improving as the season has Gone on, Payne and mullin are two of our highest earners but we will do well to get rid of either this month.