• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

ADD

Player
Norwood
Rumour on other forum David Vaughan ex Notts Forest is signing - he is 36. Can't believe it is true - if it is then I give up!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rumour on other forum David Vaughan ex Notts Forest is signing - he is 36. Can't believe it is true - if it is then I give up!
A midfielder and out of contract since release by Notts County following their relegation to the NL. I can’t believe this will happen either.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Probably best to wait and see which players actually arrive, rather than relying on dodgy rumours (I know I provided one of them).

However, the club is in a difficult position. If you take the case of Hylton, the established, prolific strikers at this level are almost certainly beyond our means financially, so do we take a punt on a good player who may or may not be fit, or save the money for next summer and stick with what we have, even if that means relegation is likely ?

Palios and Mellon don't have a crystal ball, so it is a difficult decision for them to make.

Player
aldo
i know of a one legged lad who plays down the park he is 37 cant run . should fit the bill . also we have a one eyed monster who plays now and again cant beat the first man but scores the odd goal. all in all if they get this wrong where doomed this season ...... so lets stay positive and hope they pull a rabbit or two out of the hat

Player
aldo
see payne is winding up the gas fans again . if he put as much effort in to playing on the pitch as he does winding them up he might get more game time and goals

Player
Manager
John King
see payne is winding up the gas fans again . if he put as much effort in to playing on the pitch as he does winding them up he might get more game time and goals
I think he has put effort in, in fairness. He is not as good as Ferrier or RHM which is why he is not currently in the team. It is about ability, not effort.

I saw it more as good natured banter, rather than 'winding up'.

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think he has put effort in, in fairness. He is not as good as Ferrier or RHM which is why he is not currently in the team. It is about ability, not effort.

I agree with this and haven't seen a lack of effort on the pitch from him. Haven't see the banter/winding-up - what's that about?

Player
Manager
John King
I agree with this and haven't seen a lack of effort on the pitch from him. Haven't see the banter/winding-up - what's that about?
Bristol Rovers asked fans to nominate their goals of the decade. Stefan tweeted, 'Why have not I been nominated ?'.

Player
ian goodison
as has been said should wait until players actually arrive but regarding Vaughan I would have kept harris this rumour doesn,t bear thinking about

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Signing Hylton if true would as RLC suggest, reflects our position in the market. He hasn’t played since last March and is 31 next month. He knows where the goal is but would be a risk for obvious reasons, not least he hasn’t played mich at L1 level.

Vaughan would be another Perkins type player so wouldn’t make sense given his age.

Player
Manager
John King
Signing Hylton if true would as RLC suggest, reflects our position in the market. He hasn’t played since last March and is 31 next month. He knows where the goal is but would be a risk for obvious reasons, not least he hasn’t played mich at L1 level.

Vaughan would be another Perkins type player so wouldn’t make sense given his age.
Peter Clarke has also been mentioned. He would be a good addition in my view and would give us what we are lacking at the back.

But again, just a rumour.......

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Peter Clarke has also been mentioned. He would be a good addition in my view and would give us what we are lacking at the back.

But again, just a rumour.......

Good god - he’s 38 in a few day’s!!

plenty of experience tho I guess

Player
Manager
John King
Good god - he’s 38 in a few day’s!!

plenty of experience tho I guess
He has played 12 games for Fleetwood this season. I don't think age is as much of an issue with a centre half as elsewhere on the pitch.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Very true RLC. He’s never been quick even in his Oldham days

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Pace does matter - otherwise we may as well bring Steve back! That was the only thing letting him down; great leadership skills and decent distribution.

Player
Manager
John King
True, but I think Clarke is a level up from Macca to begin with. He was player of the year at Oldham last season and has featured quite regularly in a good Fleetwood side, so should still have something to offer.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

It might make more sense to sign Hylton on loan till June when his contract runs out and then see how it goes.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Going on past signings and the fact we have limited budget, I would assume we will sign players that are seen as a risk in terms of age or injury records but let’s hope they make a difference.

Just heard Clarke will be signing but again this is not 100%.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I wouldn't have an issue with Clarke signing, as we urgently need a defensive organiser and he could fill that role. However, not all the signings should be short-term sticking plasters and it will be challenging getting the right mix in.