• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
So Ponticelli recalled by Coventry rather than released back to his parent club? With Wilson, Borthwick-Jackson, RHM & Maddox (whilst at the club) sidelined Chapman is the last loanee still standing. Add our own current crop of absentees: Davies, Monthe, Ridehalgh, Ellis, Gumbs, Banks, Gilmore, Miller which is only the current crop of others who have rotated in & out with injury recently... Not known it to this extent before....

Player
aldo
mullin might as he only got 5/6 months left to go as for Payne it will only be a loan you would think. with the lad going back to Coventry witch is not a suprise . who other can they shift out . mm wont take CBT not chipping in for long you would think he would get at him or send him back to villa

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
So Ponticelli recalled by Coventry rather than released back to his parent club? With Wilson, Borthwick-Jackson, RHM & Maddox (whilst at the club) sidelined Chapman is the last loanee still standing. Add our own current crop of absentees: Davies, Monthe, Ridehalgh, Ellis, Gumbs, Banks, Gilmore, Miller which is only the current crop of others who have rotated in & out with injury recently... Not known it to this extent before....
Yes, it's really bad. I recall the end of 2016/17, when we had 8 members of the first team squad missing for Wembley against Forest Green and we were screwed. Arguably, you could pick a better team (when fit) from the players mentioned above than the lot who turned out yesterday. ;)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Usual injury curse strikes again.

ADD

Player
Norwood
mullin might as he only got 5/6 months left to go as for Payne it will only be a loan you would think. with the lad going back to Coventry witch is not a suprise . who other can they shift out . mm wont take CBT not chipping in for long you would think he would get at him or send him back to villa
I bet MM wishes he could send CBT back to Villa....problem is we gave him a 2 year contract!!

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
why do we sign these players? was he scouted/recommended? looking at his last 2 performances he,s going to be useless in a relegation dog-fight, reminds me of the winger adams brought in (can,t remember his name) who always went awol when needed

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Fortunately, by all accounts, I couldn't make the Coventry game where it sounds like CBT put in a dismal performance. He has been inconsistent but when he has been on his game he has shown the ability to terrorise defences. I don't have a problem with one player in the team who can blow hot or cold because when they are hot they are gamechangers. They do need consistency around them, though, and there is a problem with 2 or more such players lining up together. For example, I would be a bit nervous about starting CBT,RHM and Banks (when fit) in the same line up.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Remember, in the away game at Coventry CBT scored the winner with a great strike. We know he has pace and ability, he just needs to learn to apply his skills and become more of a team player. He's young enough to learn and adapt, which is down to the coaches.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well the average age of the midfield has been drastically reduced!!

26 year old Alex Woodyard signs on loan from Peterborough until the end of the season. He made his name with the Cowley brothers at concord rangers, Braintree and the Lincoln. He’s played the full 90 minutes inposh last 2 games - both defeats - and been booked in both.

however posh have had a decent season overall so as with peter Clarke, signing a player who has been playing fairly regularly in league one this season is a decent achievement from Mellon.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thats a decent signing.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Difficult to believe we have got two players of that quality and pedigree and why they have been allowed to come. Perhaps Clarke was given an 18-month deal and maybe both clubs want to strengthen for a promotion push.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I suspect Clarke has 6 months left with fleet and we offered him 18 months.

the posh forum is complimentary about Woodyard:

Makes a move until the end of the season and joins up with Aaron Chapman. I thought that over the last few games he has been playing at the top of his game, showing some of the others how to put in a shift!

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Clarke and Woodyard look like very good signings and should be just what we need. The centre of defence and central midfield are our two big problem areas, and those two should improve things significantly.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I suspect Clarke has 6 months left with fleet and we offered him 18 months.

the posh forum is complimentary about Woodyard:

Makes a move until the end of the season and joins up with Aaron Chapman. I thought that over the last few games he has been playing at the top of his game, showing some of the others how to put in a shift!
clarke is signed till the end of the season.

Woodyard is a good signing just what we need, hopefully there are more to come.