• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Salfordwhite

Player
Michael Ricketts
AFC Fylde have placed Danny Rowe on the transfer list at his own request..

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm sure there'll be plenty of rumours linking us with him. At L1 level would definitely fall into the "risk" category - transfer fee, big step up, age v potential to improve, not having his best season etc.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Now AFC Fylde are out of the cup and are struggling in the NL, I understand the timing. But they won't want to lose him in their relegation fight. After their cup run, they don't need to sell, so the fee would probably be too much for us. Given he's now 18 months older than when we first went for him and we are playing in a higher league, I'd not expect Micky to be interested.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with BBTC. I wouldn’t go for Rowe. He’s only had one or two good seasons in the national league and everything else below. No real success in league 2 never mind league 1. He’s not ancient but is 30 in a few weeks and doesn’t fit with mickys preference of one up top at the moment. He’s not very mobile

i’d much prefer we tried to get cook on loan. Probably not possible as he’ll be on a decent wage at Mansfield but he’s still generally warming the bench there and he had a good season in league 1 last season (ironically with Ferrier).

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Agree with BBTC. I wouldn’t go for Rowe. He’s only had one or two good seasons in the national league and everything else below. No real success in league 2 never mind league 1. He’s not ancient but is 30 in a few weeks and doesn’t fit with mickys preference of one up top at the moment. He’s not very mobile

i’d much prefer we tried to get cook on loan. Probably not possible as he’ll be on a decent wage at Mansfield but he’s still generally warming the bench there and he had a good season in league 1 last season (ironically with Ferrier).
rowe was player of the year the last season we had cool and norwood and is a good player, I'm not sure we will be willing to pay out the money required to sign him

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There is no way I would sign Rowe as I don't think he is anywhere near good enough for this level. He is immobile and has no pace.

Scoring lots of goals in the National League does not always tell you a great deal about a player: Ricky Miller scored 40-odd at that level but was hopeless in League Two, let alone League One.

Player
Norwood
That's a consensus then!
I wonder where we will look for a striker....League 2, or Championship youth?

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
& judging by the general opinion on twitter carries a bit of an attitude which wouldn’t synch well with the boss, as per Cookie/Stockton etc... allegedly

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's all gone a bit quiet on the transfer rumour front. I know we have two big games soon, but do you think we will be making any more signings and if so when? Maybe it will depend on whether we win on Tuesday, in which case we'll surely be able to afford one or two more decent players.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It's all gone a bit quiet on the transfer rumour front. I know we have two big games soon, but do you think we will be making any more signings and if so when? Maybe it will depend on whether we win on Tuesday, in which case we'll surely be able to afford one or two more decent players.
That's a good shout, BBTC. The revenue and profit for managing to win on Tuesday is large and predictable - FA money for progressing, BT money for TV and a c12k attendance. Anybody idea what this is likely to generate incremental to losing the replay? The odds are still against us but it does put this match into perspective. I would actually go as far as to suggest that a win in the replay could prove to be more beneficial to our L1 survival hopes than a win at Southend tomorrow ...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's a good shout, BBTC. The revenue and profit for managing to win on Tuesday is large and predictable - FA money for progressing, BT money for TV and a c12k attendance. Anybody idea what this is likely to generate incremental to losing the replay? The odds are still against us but it does put this match into perspective. I would actually go as far as to suggest that a win in the replay could prove to be more beneficial to our L1 survival hopes than a win at Southend tomorrow ...
That’s what I alluded to in an earlier post. Even though I have said anything but a win tomorrow would be a disaster, if I had to choose I’d say a win on Tuesday would have a more far reaching effect on finances, morale and PR for the club. I am sure Micky realises this. Despite a challenging league programme last season, Micky chose to play a full strength side against Southport to enable us to get that lucrative tie against Spurs.

Player
Manager
John King
Of course, we could lose on Saturday in the belief that we will receive a cup windfall and then get knocked out on Tuesday ! The United game would be worth around 250k in tv money and gate receipts, but that excludes prize money for beating Watford, sponsorship and so on. So the financial benefits from beating Watford are huge.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Of course, we could lose on Saturday in the belief that we will receive a cup windfall and then get knocked out on Tuesday ! The United game would be worth around 250k in tv money and gate receipts, but that excludes prize money for beating Watford, sponsorship and so on. So the financial benefits from beating Watford are huge.
Absolutely! I wasn't suggesting that we don't try to win 100% on Saturday, just pontificating over which would deliver the most benefit. If we lose both games it will be very disappointing and leave us with nothing but a long drawn out relegation battle to look forward to. At least that's how it would feel on Wednesday morning.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
From the 2 fa cup & leasing trophy (or whatever it is called) I reckon will generate income of around £400,000 based on a crowd of around 10,000 for the replay v Watford, win that and I think you are looking at the same amount again.

Player
Manager
John King
The prize money for beating Watford is £135,000 and the TV fee for the Fourth Round is £150,000.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of recent activity on the transfer front. Those supposedly in the know were suggesting 3-4 players coming in and were correct about Clarke. However we do against Watford, the squad still needs strengthening, with a full-back and a forward the priorities.

Player
Manager
John King
It is only the 10th January, so I think the club have done pretty well to bring in two very good players in the key positions where we were weak. We need quality not quantity , so there is no point rushing in to deals.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
One or two deals would have been easy to finalise but as last August there will be some brinkmanship and deals depending on other moves, so there may be a flurry of movement in and out in a couple of weeks. I hope so.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We really need a decent singer and striker as well as I don't think we have enough going forward as it stands