• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Newport

Match Result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Newport

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Newport
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rumours elsewhere that MM has gone and press release expected tonight.
If true then it’s a real shame. He’ll always be a legend for me. Who else will ever achieve successive promotions?
But it’s a tough business and with next season to think about, something has to be done.

He’ll get another job with his CV.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will be sad when Micky goes if its tonight or soon but we can't go on as it is, it's getting embarrassing.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m torn about changing the manager. It doesn’t guarantee a change in results but sometimes it can work with the same players. A different voice and new tactics. Just a fresh approach

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’m torn about changing the manager. It doesn’t guarantee a change in results but sometimes it can work with the same players. A different voice and new tactics. Just a fresh approach
It is pointless doing it just for a short term bounce, as we are not going down this season. However, all parties might believe we have gone as far as we can under this current model (if we can term it that.....).

I maintain there are far bigger problems behind the scenes at the club that need to be rectified before we can start moving forward again.

If Mellon does leave he goes down as a club legend and the second greatest manager in our history. He will always have my thanks and gratitude.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It is pointless doing it just for a short term bounce, as we are not going down this season. However, all parties might believe we have gone as far as we can under this current model (if we can term it that.....).

I maintain there are far bigger problems behind the scenes at the club that need to be rectified before we can start moving forward again.

If Mellon does leave he goes down as a club legend and the second greatest manager in our history. He will always have my thanks and gratitude.
Yes it may well be a genuine case of mutual consent if he goes.

Totally agree he’s a legend. Gave me and my son some of our best TRFC memories

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Just seen the gaffer has been sacked.
Don't know what to really think.
Think if we had the budget and players of good standard to work with.
But the state of the club is the true reason, he's been moved on.
I'm gutted to be truthful, some memorable moments, and great experience with the gaffer in charge.
Good luck MM.

When will we have someone of that ilk again.

Parky in charge, I believe.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Just seen the gaffer has been sacked.
Don't know what to really think.
Think if we had the budget and players of good standard to work with.
But the state of the club is the true reason, he's been moved on.
I'm gutted to be truthful, some memorable moments, and great experience with the gaffer in charge.
Good luck MM.

When will we have someone of that ilk again.

Parky in charge, I believe.
The club is going backwards on and off the pitch, which is a big part of the problem.
I think the uncertainty of the situation on whether Micky would be manager next season hasn't helped the situation either

Player
Aldo
We keep signing sub par forwards , either non league level or crocks, not sure if that is down to MM or lack of money. Then Mickey spends all season rejigging the formation to try and get goals out of them . The reserve strikers don't look up to the level to me. If we haven't got the dough to pay 2 decent forwards it is going to be a big ask for any manager. And today we couldn't defend either. I am a bit worried if MM goes even though the football has been dire.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As Micky has done the post match interviews, I doubt he's gone just yet.

ADD

Player
Norwood
The supposed WUM has been pretty good in the past albeit not 100% but I agree the fact MM did the post match presser suggests maybe he was jumping the gun. That said one of the genuine ITKs has said since then the decision to move on from MM has been made already and he will not be here next season so potentially the post was made to flush out that info.
Either way we move on....

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The 'supposed' WUM is a known trouble maker on the other forum and has been called out as such this evening.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Really not sure we can focus on refereeing issues as one of our problems
To be fair I never asked you to. I was being more circumspect as today's events were fairly inconsequential in my opinion. I seriously doubt how defenders will fare in cup ties moving forward with VAR

ADD

Player
Norwood
Yes but a genuine ITK replied pretty quickly that his understanding is that MM will not be here next season and that decision was made a while ago.
It is what it is either way and we will all have our own opinions when we find out definitively who is our Manager next season.