• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bluebirds v Rovers

Bluebirds v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Holker Street
Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Got to stretch them and go all out for the win

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Morris and Lewis have done ok this half but we need more if we’re going to win. Plenty of options on the bench

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Woolery for Ferrier. Not sure about that as we need more creativity in the middle

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another great save by their keeper denies Clarke. Keep going Rovers!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
CBT should be on to run at them.
CBT or Lloyd. Both full of energy and pace against a tiring defence. Lewis and Morris offering very little in an attacking sense. It’ll be too little too late at this rate

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Really disappointed with the lack of subs. Apart from feeney no one else in midfield has looked like creating anything. We’re playing against ten men for a team 21st in the league and have good options in Lloyd and CBT just sitting on the bench.

finally as I speak it’s a sub....and it’s Ollie Banks! Ridiculous

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hill not doing himself any favours with the lack of subs used, poor management

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don’t want to go overboard but I’ve lost a bit of faith in Hill tonight. He’s come across negative with his lack of changes. Yes he played 2 up front and whilst barrow were dangerous at times, it almost looked like he’d settled for a point even against 10 men and didn’t want to risk losing it - but simply hoped we might nick a winner.

I mean what was the point of bringing banks on for the last 4+ minutes !!! Did he even touch the ball? Feels like 2 points dropped against a bang average side

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What on earth was going on with the subs or lack of, poor result against another poor team.

Hill is nor showing us what we need so far and we are going backwards, I cant see us being close to the top 7 this season

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Frustrating.

I thought for sixty minutes tonight we played well, controlled the game and were clearly the superior side. We just needed the second goal to seal the victory, and we had several further opportunities to score, Vaughan missing a couple of chances he would normally put away, and their keeper pulling off a couple of worldies.

However, the reaction to the equaliser and the red card was disappointing. We should have been far more proactive, on and off the pitch, in trying to push for the victory. As has been commented, the subs were too cautious and negative and we made it far too easy for the ten men. Barrow scrapped and time-wasted, but we should have shown far more positive intent in the closing twenty minutes, and our play was too pedestrian.

Barrow are in decent form and their home record is reasonable, but we were well on top for the majority of this game and should have taken three points. A number of the top sides dropped points tonight, so this is another opportunity missed.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Poor second half and we totally lost direction once they equalised, and totally failed to make use of the extra man.....and what was Hill trying to achieve bringing Banks on.....extra height in the defence??. Abject failure.....why didnt he send CBT on or even LLoyd..but Banks, come on!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Haven’t seen any of the action but it sounds like a game we should have one, particularly how the hosts had a man sent off. For the second game in a row, questionable substitutions or here more failing to use the bench were part of the problem.