• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bluebirds v Rovers

Bluebirds v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Holker Street
Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
Well if MP sees the interview he must bee wondering what the FK he has done, 1 win in 5 says it all the boys just look negative he is on a short contract if he don,t do the buss in the next few games sack him off and give daws it till season end

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think Hill will be given a chance to reshape the squad in January if he can ship some out so maybe that will help things.

But this really is looking like a missed opportunity this season to go up in what's a fairly poor league.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Hill will be given a chance to reshape the squad in January if he can ship some out so maybe that will help things.

But this really is looking like a missed opportunity this season to go up in what's a fairly poor league.
That actually worries me a bit to be honest. There is a danger that he will get rid of decent players like Khan and O'Connor, who for some reason have been sidelined, and bring in dross. I don't know what his recruitment record is like and he should be doing much better with this group of players.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
That actually worries me a bit to be honest. There is a danger that he will get rid of decent players like Khan and O'Connor, who for some reason have been sidelined, and bring in dross. I don't know what his recruitment record is like and he should be doing much better with this group of players.
Agreed especially as rumoured to be after another left back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Surely Palios wouldn’t let Hill bring in a left back. It’s obvious but we need a way to score more goals. Only Vaughan and Clarke look like scoring on a regular basis albeit Morris had a few

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm going to finish posting for 2020 by wishing you all a happy new year, bringing you all whatever you wish for.

Here is my prediction, for what it's worth. My final message is that if I were a betting man, I'd still put money on TRFC for promotion. We should be out of the picture by now, but we are still in the peloton. With one or two tweaks to the squad and a little more time to adapt to KH's ways, I think we will start to move steadily up the table.

drwhoman

I'm going to finish posting for 2020 by wishing you all a happy new year, bringing you all whatever you wish for.

Here is my prediction, for what it's worth. My final message is that if I were a betting man, I'd still put money on TRFC for promotion. We should be out of the picture by now, but we are still in the peloton. With one or two tweaks to the squad and a little more time to adapt to KH's ways, I think we will start to move steadily up the table.
I like your positivity BBTC! All the best to you and you’re and, indeed, everyone on the forum for a good New Year! Covid to go away and Rovers to be promoted!

ADD

Player
Norwood

Or BBC to continue the analogy ...we had been dropped on the first serious day in the mountains when it became clear the pre-race training had been woefully inadequate but by the team pulling together and with a new sporting director and No. 2 at the helm we had clawed back substantial time on all the other teams in the team trial. However, just as we looked to be genuine contenders for the Yellow Jersey the novice sporting director was bewilderingly replaced by a seasoned veteran to much annoyance from some of the team's sponsors.
Initial enthusiasm quickly wilted at the negative racing tactics he introduced where he would not approve attempts to get in the day's breakaway and was seemingly only interested in limiting time losses and ensuring the squad finished in the middle of the pack.

Player
Manager
John King
There are a lot of similarities between Hill and Brabin on the evidence so far. The football is slightly better than under Brabin, but there is the same negativity, inconsistency and settling for mediocrity rather than really trying to push and inspire the players.

Hill's comment that he was happy with a draw at ten man Barrow was similar to Brabin's insistence that we should accept being a non league club like the Wrexham supporters had.

Also playing square pegs in round holes.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
The square peg in round holes really winds me up. It beggars belief that MP would sanction bringing in another left back when clearly there is no right back on the books who Hill rates. As others have said, O'Connor seems to have been harshly scapegoated after the Exeter debacle. If we're not going to play him we desperately need to bring in another RIGHT back. It has been noticeable over the last two games that while MacDonald never hides and always makes himself available, our attacking threat is repeatedly weakened because he is more comfortable moving inside. IMO Hill has got to get a genuine right-sided player in there and make a choice between Rides and MacDonald at left back

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Trying to think what MP saw in this guy during the interview but his main criteria and one that he has made sure most players and managers have had during his reign is the experience and the fact that they have at some point tasted promotion from this league. I think his efforts at Rochdale landed him the job ultimately, not really what was said at the interview which was probably a load of drizzle anyway.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Enjoy your evening everyone and I hope that 2021brings you all you wish for. Thank you for keeping me informed and for the entertaining match reports, for what it is worth my prediction for 2021 is a top middle half finish, we have a team who on its day could win every game 2 0r 3 nil yet on other days could lose every game 3 or 4 nil, I think we will win more than we will lose but not enough for a top seven finish, unless of course we bring in a couple more players who will battle and add backbone to the team. I hope I am wrong, but that is how I see it at the moment.

Player
Manager
John King
In my view, the squad is good enough as it stands, as was demonstrated under Dawes. However, it is not being used effectively.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Trying to think what MP saw in this guy during the interview but his main criteria and one that he has made sure most players and managers have had during his reign is the experience and the fact that they have at some point tasted promotion from this league. I think his efforts at Rochdale landed him the job ultimately, not really what was said at the interview which was probably a load of drizzle anyway.

yes Hills record at league 2 with Rochdale is play offs or automatic promotion when he’s had a full season. So you certainly couldn’t blame Palios for bringing him in given Hills CV and I was pleased when he got the job. Cowley’s etc were never realistic. It is still early days to a degree but there have been some alarming signs. Agree about the full back issue and the lack of ambition to have a go at 10 man barrow. Still deserves more time though in my opinion to hopefully prove us wrong.

P.a Paul Hurst who was linked with our job has taken over at ex club Grimsby today.

Player
Manager
John King
yes Hills record at league 2 with Rochdale is play offs or automatic promotion when he’s had a full season. So you certainly couldn’t blame Palios for bringing him in given Hills CV and I was pleased when he got the job. Cowley’s etc were never realistic. It is still early days to a degree but there have been some alarming signs. Agree about the full back issue and the lack of ambition to have a go at 10 man barrow. Still deserves more time though in my opinion to hopefully prove us wrong.

P.a Paul Hurst who was linked with our job has taken over at ex club Grimsby today.
I think you do have to question the recruitment process when it appears that MP has made an unsuccessful appointment four times out of five. We are a very different club to Rochdale and Hill's success there does not necessarily mean he is a good fit here. If it was an isolated case you could say Palios has been unlucky, but we have had the same issue with Adams, Brabin and Jackson.

However, I think Hill certainly will get more time as we are not going to make yet another change before the summer.