• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bluebirds v Rovers

Bluebirds v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Holker Street
Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I’m not that confident with Barrow having a new manager and the team improving of late. A point would be a relief, but who knows with Rovers this season (or any season) ;)
Entirely agree. I wonder which Tranmere will turn up? This will be our second successive match against teams with a new manager "bounce". There will be fans in attendance and I'm not sure we've actually won an "attended" league match yet. However, all runs come to an end at some point. Very fond memories of our bizarre 3-4 comeback victory at Holker Street under Gary Brabin. I'm going (optimistically) for a 1-2 victory.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The first goal will be huge I think. Our record when going behind is appalling this season, and as I have said before there seems to be a lack of character in this group of players when things go against us.

Barrow's pitch is heavy and poor and will test us if we play out from the back.

Player
aldo
the prob is if we lose tonight other teams around us are picking up wins even Southend are moving up the table we just need to show some balls and get our fingers out of our arses, but will hard-working rovers turn up or be piss poor again there is just not enough being shown by rovers, the attacking exciting football Hill promised must have been talking about the opposition apart from a couple of teams, just don,t see the way he said he wanted the team tp play happening

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Think we will win 2 1 but I'm not very confident of it.

Player
Manager
John King
Ferrier starts up front with Vaughan, Lewis back in midfield. Looks like the diamond still. CBT on bench, Monthe still AWOL. Morris replaces Lloyd, Young dropped altogether.

Looks a solid side, which is probably what we need on a poor pitch.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Jack Young disappears from squad altogether - think that's harsh unless he is injured of course - talking of which is Khan injured do we know?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don’t know what to make of this line-up, hope Morris is fitter than at the weekend. Smith makes the bench in a L2 game for the first time in a while.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Don’t know what to make of this line-up, hope Morris is fitter than at the weekend. Smith makes the bench in a L2 game for the first time in a while.
I'm sure he is fit now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure what's happened to Khan. It will be interesting to see how Vaughan and Ferrier get on. He's looked lively from the bench recently but we need more from him. Hill doesn't seem afraid to chop and change. Come on Rovers!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Unlucky Rovers. Cracking shot by Vaughan, great save by the keeper.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
GOAL!! Feeneys cross from the left headed in by Vaughan! 1-0 rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers pressing well. I can see a goal coming soon.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ahh... lol

Player
Manager
John King
Great ball by Feeney, great finish by Vaughan. Well deserved after a shaky start.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great header that.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Feeney so important to this team. Looking much more dangerous out wide with his delivery rather than when he is in the middle.