• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bluebirds v Rovers

Bluebirds v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Holker Street
Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In addition to the poor substitutions, lack of spirit and desire in the group was an issue again for me. The game was there for the taking in the last twenty minutes and the players did not step up.

Player
Manager
John King
I don’t want to go overboard but I’ve lost a bit of faith in Hill tonight. He’s come across negative with his lack of changes. Yes he played 2 up front and whilst barrow were dangerous at times, it almost looked like he’d settled for a point even against 10 men and didn’t want to risk losing it - but simply hoped we might nick a winner.

I mean what was the point of bringing banks on for the last 4+ minutes !!! Did he even touch the ball? Feels like 2 points dropped against a bang average side
I did not understand the decision take Ferrier off in a like for like substitution either. He had caused them problems all game. It should have been Vaughan, Ferrier and CBT for the last half an hour.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree chaps. Definitely feels like a missed opportunity. Disappointed with the draw in all honestly. Bringing on Banks with minutes left when you have CBT and Lloyd sitting on the bench really makes no sense at all. Agree RLC about the lack of spirit and desire but can you see Keith Hill improving this in the players? He seems to lack it himself..

Player
Manager
John King
I agree chaps. Definitely feels like a missed opportunity. Disappointed with the draw in all honestly. Bringing on Banks with minutes left when you have CBT and Lloyd sitting on the bench really makes no sense at all. Agree RLC about the lack of spirit and desire but can you see Keith Hill improving this in the players? He seems to lack it himself..
Agree completely. Seems like he is just going through the motions.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Also think that OConnor must feel insulted. He didn’t shine but did nothing wrong in my opinion at RB and we now have a left footer there in McDonald who I’m a big fan of, but just looks uncomfortable and always having to take that extra touch to come inside. Not a major issue but another head scratching issue arguably

Player
Manager
John King
Also think that OConnor must feel insulted. He didn’t shine but did nothing wrong in my opinion at RB and we now have a left footer there in McDonald who I’m a big fan of, but just looks uncomfortable and always having to take that extra touch to come inside. Not a major issue but another head scratching issue arguably
Yes, I agree. I think it is a major issue, as it leaves the team lop-sided and unbalanced. MacDonald was the 'out' ball when they went down to ten men, but had to keep cutting inside onto his left foot. At one point he held out his hands, as if to say 'What I am supposed to do with the ball when I have to keep running in to traffic ?'.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Commentary is absolutely awful again.
What I don't get is when they are as incompetent as they are (and boring to boot with all the shout outs) why do MP & NP pay them to travel. They would be better sat at home watching IFollow as they could the see their errors... waffling on as to why a Barrow player was booked when he blatantly grabbed the shirt from a yard behind and then saying Clarke had given away the penalty... unreal.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, those errors were incredible. They also said Ferrier scored our goal.

The commentary is not acceptable for a paid service. I would rather just hear the crowd noise or silence for the visual service, and those listening to the audio could hear Derek Jones' BBC commentary, as the arrangement used to be. I doubt they have a clue what is happening on the pitch from the service they receive at the moment.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Well that was pretty awful wasn't it. Players were going through the motions but nothing more. Clarke and Spearing excepted. Ian's point above which RLC then highlighted said it all - Hill looks bored already......
And I am sure I can't be the only one who noticed Dawes and Parky constantly at the edge of their area at the players and trying to encourage whilst Hill was sat down or else motionless with his trousers tucked into his socks for God's sake....
Honestly I despair after that... such a waste of a great opportunity after MP got rid of Jackson early enough to salvage the season..... can't be bothered to say much more other than yes Banks being brought on with only injury time to go said it all.... depressing!

Player
Manager
John King
Hill basically admits in his interview he made the substitutions to hold on to a point, rather than go and win the game. Make of that what you will.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Just watched Hill's post-match interview and honestly can't believe I'm hearing what he is saying...."a tough game, a great game, I like the character of the side, the spirit, the fighting quality that they showed", "really, really happy with the character and the identity of the team tonight", " a BIT disappointed with the result"????? For Heavens sake Hill we played against 10 men for over 25 minutes tonight against a team 5th from bottom, and you're a BIT disappointed. I'm sorry but this man's negative energy is destroying this team of ours.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I intended to avoid watching it tonight after a few glasses of wine but like watching a horror movie you still keep watching....
"A very positive point".... come on... Hill is starting to sound like Jackson... enough said!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hill clearly happy with a point. You can understand from a morale point of view that he’s trying to remain upbeat and positive about things. After all he’s trying to keep the job long term.

however if we lose on Saturday then it’ll be a poor point tonight as our recent points tally overall; even if he is fairly pleased with performances, hasn’t been good enough

Player
Manager
John King
He clearly thinks that a point tonight gives him more time with Palios and the supporters. I think he is mistaken in that view.

We would be more forgiving if we had gone for it in the last half an hour and lost unluckily. But in reality, we would have won the game if we had been positive.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, Hill's interview was a bit strange. He said he was a bit disappointed with just a point but said it was important not to lose. Well, if you play to avoid defeat, you are likely to end up with a draw (if you are lucky).

Frankly, that game was there for the taking against 10 men near the bottom of the league. We dropped two points tonight. I was we'd gone all out for a win. The conditions were tiring, but we had unused subs like CBT and Lloyd who could have torn them apart.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He clearly thinks that a point tonight gives him more time with Palios and the supporters. I think he is mistaken in that view.

We would be more forgiving if we had gone for it in the last half an hour and lost unluckily. But in reality, we would have won the game if we had been positive.
I wrote my last post at the same time as this. I could not agree more. Surely he can't feel under pressure from MP yet?

Player
Manager
John King
My guess is that Palios has told him he is unhappy with the inconsistency of the side, and that has made him paranoid about losing tonight.

drwhoman

Sadly it looks like a long season. Too good to go down and not good (interested?) enough to be in the play off mix. Maybe to Hill it is just another pay day. The forum will know my views on the appointment. As I have said before I dearly hope he proves me to be too negative. Dawes and Parky deserved a run for the rest of the season but all history now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think with Hill in charge for the rest of the season we will not make the playoffs. He is just too cautious and we have seen very little of this attacking football he promised us when he took over. Another season wasted with a decent squad. Very frustrating.

Player
Manager
John King
I think with Hill in charge for the rest of the season we will not make the playoffs. He is just too cautious and we have seen very little of this attacking football he promised us when he took over. Another season wasted with a decent squad. Very frustrating.
Hard to disagree.