• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Pools

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Hartlepool

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Pools
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, March 4, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 4, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Solid looking team. Not sure if its 433, or 442.
Had a feeling he'd start Merrie ahead of TC and Chalmers. Hopefully set it up for one of them to come on and take advantage.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting Simon the Indonesian investor rep is at the game today. First time he has posted in a long time. Discussion re investment/ way forward perhaps?!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unsure about Merrie on the right if that’s the way we’re playing. Only following on Twitter today, hope it’s a good game

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
He should be OK there Boz. No Morris granted, but can cut in on is left foot ok. Hopefully link up and play DC in if they get on same wavelength.

Reactions: Boz

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Anyway sticking with 2-0 Saunders and it'll have to be Burton from the bench now.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I'd bin the Lewis role off, put O'Connor in front of the defence then shove the other four ten meters higher. Apart from Hawkes I think the front six have only scored for Rovers in the shape of Lewis two years back?
I've set the video feed on so I can review it later if reports suggest worth a watch. ATB

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Saunders misses a clear one on one. Shocking finishing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And it's no surprise that we have absolutely noone that can stick the ball in the net. Dear me.. let's hope for something more clinical in the second half.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
No composure from Saunders and Jake.
No sure where CMs where when the scorer made that run. Equally Merrie should have took ownership instead of getting sucked towards the ball.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Merrie isn't a winger but he's done ok there as long as he can pass it sideways or backwards. We've actually got into some decent positions but let down again by the finishing. I would be inclined to put Saunders on the wing, Joel up front and see if we have any joy.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A few half chances but the visitors look more composed in the final third.

You forget they have by far the worst defensive record in the league…but may get a rare clean sheet today

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounded from the Twitter updates like we were doing ok until their goal? Now racking up injuries too.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
How mutch more of this shit do we have to take no wonder the ground is empty

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Got away with one there.
Hendry seems to have gone off the boil.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Apart from Hawkes I think the front six have only scored for Rovers in the shape of Lewis two years back?
Lewis has scored twice this season, but I take your point. Very few goals will have been scored by any of the other five for ANY team in the last two seasons.
I've set the video feed on so I can review it later if reports suggest worth a watch. ATB
So it’s down the pub this evening, DB? ;)

Last edited:

drwhoman

Last three games. 3 goals, 2 pens and Turnbull. Says it all really. This must be one of the worst Rovers attacks of all time and I have known a few!
I greatly admire those who spend their hard earned turning up every week! The ‘joys’ of being a dedicated fan! There have to be good times ahead!