• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not sure that this would be the best use of a wage since I can't see Cookie and Ferrier working together well and we won't always start with 2 upfront anyway. Unless, Ferrier was unavailable, I think Cookie would be used as a sub more often than not. Would Cookie accept that kind of role and would his relationship with MM survive it anyway? I would be happy to have him back but not sure how it would work without him being a direct replacement for Ferrier,,, which I wouldn't want.
Cook and ferrier played at Walsall last season, but I cannot see us signing cook

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would sign Cook if he was available. He is a better goalscorer than any of our current strikers and would be first choice.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Was a bit tongue in Cheek. Ferrier and cook didn’t work for Walsall last season and we’ve no chance of Nors.

need more goals tho whatever happens

Player
Manager
John King
Was a bit tongue in Cheek. Ferrier and cook didn’t work for Walsall last season and we’ve no chance of Nors.

need more goals tho whatever happens
I think it did in fairness, as Cook scored 17 last season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just shows with Norwood that the grass isn’t always greener. He was our number one striker for so long but looks like an unused sub today as the tractor boys go top

Player
Manager
John King
yes in that respect it did - but they went down. Altho i’d like to think with Clarke our defence is stronger than walsalls was.

cook just scored!
It is irrelevant that they went down though is not it ?

Cook did his job and was a prolific goalscorer, even in a struggling team. I am sure they had plenty of weaknesses elsewhere in their squad.

A similar situation to us with Ryan Lowe in 2013-14.

Player
Manager
John King
Results could have been worse for us today, with Rochdale and Accrington both drawing. We need a win very soon however.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm surprised that Norwood is on the fringes at Ipswich, he seemed to do quite well for them after a quiet start.

Cook is a proven goalscorer, regardless of other defects in his game. His workrate certainly improved while he was with us.

Ferrier doesn't look close to either in terms of goal-scoring, though I accept his work-rate and hold-up play are good. Seems to be a bit injury-prone too.

I see Danny Rowe got the goal to equalise for Oldham today.

Player
Manager
John King
It has been reported in the local press in Bradford that James Vaughan could be coming to us on loan for the rest of the season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not sure about Vaughan. He’s had a bit of nomadic career and had injuries over the years. Although this season he has 11 goals from 25 appearances.
31 years old and never really a target man. I’d prefer someone else but beggars can’t be choosers I guess

Player
Manager
John King
I think Vaughan is about the best striker we could realistically attract. His goalscoring stats are certainly better than any of our current forwards.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, we just need someone that can stick it in the net to get us over the line this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's not though we're missing loads of chances, more that we're not creating enough. In those circumstances would Vaughan be an improvement on what we've got already? I don't know, but like Sparky would have preferred a target man option.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would hope we will also look to bring in a winger and maybe another striker if we can get one off the books.