• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Could be a big tonight with the fixtures. Both MK Dons and Wimbledon have winnable home games albeit the former host Rochdale who are 7 points ahead of us
Indeed.

Looks like this lad is joining on loan. Strange to be signing a centre half, unless one of the defenders is going out (Manny ?).

Danny Mayor also left out of the Plymouth squad and seems to be on the move (again, not necessarily here).

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Would love to bring Mayor in. He’d be a massive loss to promotion changing Plymouth but maybe wants a move back up north. Apparently Nelson may be going out on loan, perhaps down south, so makes sense bringing someone in. Really hope manny isn’t going.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting. Might be a few deals done before the month is out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've currently got Wilson, Woodyard and Hepburn-Murphy on loan, so if Feeney coming in too then unless RHM is going, there's only scope for one more loanee as we can't play more than 5. Given the choice, I'd prefer Mayor to Vaughan.

To lose Monthe, loan out Nelson and be left with Ray, Clarke and an Everton youngster doesn't feel like good business from a Rovers viewpoint, so don't think both Manny and Sid will go. Don't know anything about Feeney, but in recent times we've had better quality loans from the Blue half of Liverpool

Player
Manager
John King
I think you can sign more than five loan players, you just can't use them all in the same match day squad.

Player
Manager
John King
The scores look good at half time, with MK, Wimbledon and Accy all losing. Rochdale are winning at MK, but are the only one of the struggling sides ahead.

Hope it continues.....

Player
Manager
John King

I agree that you can sign more than 5, but not sure there's much point paying for a player you can't use.
Yes, but Hepburn Murphy doesn't even make the matchday squad sometimes and I doubt we are paying much for him. Similarly, Feeney may only be back up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Matt Jones has said there will be some outgoings as well as incomings.

Player
Manager
John King
MK Dons win with a last minute penalty, Wimbledon and Accy draw.

Six points adrift with three games in hand.

We have got to get a win in the next couple of games.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Table looks pretty bleak. Yes games in hand but obviously would rather have the points. Tomorrow night will be tough but Saturday is must win given the opponents

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, three games in hand but we have only won five in the last twenty five.

I think we need four points from the next two games.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Notlob got a draw tonight and won’t be a pushover given the rivalry between the clubs. If we lose to Sunderland that becomes a must win game in my view, though even if we take something from the Mackems a win would be highly desirable.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have the games in hand but we need to win them. For that reason I think a proven striker must be MM's prime target. We have shored up the defence and the midfield is OK but maybe lacking a bit in creativity. We need to translate our cup form into league points or we will emulate 2001 when we beat Everton and Southampton but got relegated.

Personally, I refuse to believe we will go down. I think given the current squad, the expected arrivals and the manager, we will stay up.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nobody signed today, only another couple of days until the window closes. Danny Major missing through injury last night, so that rumour would seem to be scotched.

ADD

Player
Norwood
On another forum reconfirmation that Vaughan will be announced tonight or latest tomorrow... maybe announced at 6.45 as playing up front ;)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Didn’t realise he was captain at Bradford so good to have another experienced voice in the camp. Hopefully him and Ferrier will get along.