• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A theme amongst Walsall fans on forums is his attitude is questionable. From memory Bristol rovers fans said the same about Payne.

Should be interesting

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wonder what's changed his mind after not wanting to sign for us last year, in part allegedly for reasons of geography. Birkenhead hasn't moved any further south in the last twelve months. That aside, a player with potential and pace, though Payne has a better history of scoring at this level. Hope it works out well for both Morgan and Rovers.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Seems to be a 'feisty' character. Having lost the likes of McNulty and Norwood in the dressing room, we could probably do with someone who puts himself about a bit. Seems that Micky has tracked him for a couple of seasons and has now got his man. The proof of the pudding is in the eating....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Gives us another option especially as Miller is out for a long time

drwhoman

We appear to have a lot of strikers but Miller is close to gone and there are question marks against Payne and Ponticelli. MM had to do something. We need goals. As we know, MM obviously likes him having tried to sign him once before.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A good signing I think. He has got pace and good movement and gives us the threat in behind that we need.

He certainly caused us plenty problems when he was at Boreham Wood, albeit at a lower level.

Player
Manager
John King
A theme amongst Walsall fans on forums is his attitude is questionable. From memory Bristol rovers fans said the same about Payne.

Should be interesting
I think that just reflects where we are financially. Most of our signings carry an element of risk, but I trust Mellon to get the best out of the majority of them.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This signing came right out of the blue for me. After the shenanigans last time we tried to sign him, I thought he'd burned his bridges, but maybe he has sacked his agent. It's our marquee signing of the summer and a statement of intent that will surely lift the mood before Saturday's kick-off. Ironically, our attacking options now look good, while we look a little thin at the back. We only have four fit defenders, so the bench will look interesting!

Player
Manager
John King
I still think we are stronger in the centre back positions than up front. None of the strikers have been consistent goalscorers at this level, although I am hopeful at least one of them will reach double figures. I think the significance of the Ferrier signing is that it gives us pace and movement up front, which is something that none of the other forwards provide.

Reactions: Ian
Player
aldo
welcome Morgan . get your head down work hard score the goals be a bloody pain in other teams arses and we will adore you . .. enough said

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ironically, our attacking options now look good, while we look a little thin at the back. We only have four fit defenders, so the bench will look interesting!
Unless there's a late deal, I presume Carl Spellman may get a spot on the bench.

Player
aldo
radio m side have said everton gonna sign a striker who has got 8 in 21 for £30mill and we get one who scored 5 in 38 a bargain

Player
Manager
John King
It is rumoured that Hepburn-Murphy is going to sign in the next few days, plus a couple more. We could do with getting a full back before Saturday.

I think we need a winger and cover at full back and then our business is pretty much done, unless a loanee striker of Lang's quality becomes available.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Hepburn-Murphy really would be an exciting signing. Rumours are strong, but I'll believe it when it's official. With Ferrier and RHM upfront, we could be a force in L1.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nothing official yet. Hopefully later on after his medical.