• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
aldo
yes there loud . tell ya what £16 for a show and a curry not bad . we need more fans coming in its great seeing loads of kiddies as they are the future . and we need to more to get the ground full every week . even the fan park could do with a lift . get more stuff in there and make it bigger.

Player
ian goodison
blackpool splashing the cash just signed ryan hardie from rangers could be this seasons dark horses

Player
aldo
its not realy a new job . just the head chef it shit . and im getting it been doing it for ages now . . so nothing new . there is loads to do things are realy busy now witch is what we wont . . as i said yesterday come for lunch some time we do all different foods and nights . private parties to all welcome

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Slightly off topic but if you’re ever in the lookout for either a senior or standard CDP AM then give me a shout.
Might be moving back Wirral way from the land of the sheep in the not too distant future depending on how life fares.

Player
aldo
Looks like the job we gonna have going is gonna be around 27 hrs a week don't think it would suit you but you never know

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking at the First Team page on the OS, it has been updated with all the new signings and all the departed players have been removed. Of last season's loanees, Smith and Pringle have gone but McCullough is still there. Is that just an admin error or could that be significant?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hopefully significant :)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looking at the First Team page on the OS, it has been updated with all the new signings and all the departed players have been removed. Of last season's loanees, Smith and Pringle have gone but McCullough is still there. Is that just an admin error or could that be significant?

Once he has recovered he will sign

ADD

Player
Norwood
Once he has recovered he will sign
Isn't it more the case that we have some ongoing obligations to him in terms of his recovery? Matt Jones was pretty clear month or so ago that he didn't believe he would be resigning...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Isn't it more the case that we have some ongoing obligations to him in terms of his recovery? Matt Jones was pretty clear month or so ago that he didn't believe he would be resigning...
He was only on loan, so we would not have any obligations to him regarding his injury. Like Mart, I gathered that we were signing him once he was fit.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
See Eddie Clarke has signed a season long loan at Macclesfield. I know he's not played too much over the past 12 months and it'll be good for him to get some games, but I personally think he's too good for league 2. I'd like to have seen him back at Tranmere to put some pressure on Rides for the left back spot. Thoughts??

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
See Eddie Clarke has signed a season long loan at Macclesfield. I know he's not played too much over the past 12 months and it'll be good for him to get some games, but I personally think he's too good for league 2. I'd like to have seen him back at Tranmere to put some pressure on Rides for the left back spot. Thoughts??

He needs to be playing games as he has just had a season not playing at all, don't think he would get in our first team

Player
Manager
John King
With one week to go until the big kick off, where do people think we are at ?

I think we are looking very strong in the centre of defence and central midfield. We all know about the capabilities of Manny and Sid, and Ray seems to be a solid signing. We also have Mark Ellis to come back into the equation later in the season. In the centre of midfield I think we have more quality than we have had for years, with Perkins, Potter, Banks and McCullough all very good players at this level (albeit Banks flattered to deceive in his previous spells in League One) and Gilmour continuing his improvement.

However, in the wide areas and up front there are major concerns.

We look pretty limited in the wide attacking positions, with only CBT and Morris genuine wingers, and the latter a player who does not really look to take on the full back. I am a bit surprised we did not offer Pringle a deal, perhaps a six month contract, as while he does not have fantastic workrate he has the quality and experience to play at this level. However, it seems he had burnt his bridges with Mellon.

At full back, a player of Woods' quality would be fine as back up, if he did not have such an horrendous injury record. We could be dependent on Caprice and Ridehalgh remaining injury free and in reasonable form for the entire season, which is not a great position to be in.

The major concern is up front. If Miller is out for any length of time, we lose the one striker who has actually looked convincing in pre-season, and there are doubts regarding both Payne and Mullin at this level. There could be a lot of pressure on Jennings to contribute regular goals, and we have to remember that he is a newcomer in this division.

I think MM will want to bring in another striker and wide player as a minimum, but any deals could be dependent on the club receiving investment from Simon before the transfer deadline.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some very valid points here RLC. I’m a big concernbwd about the middle of the park. Perkins will be at a higher level that he has played at before but is he still good enough for league one? and Banks was at times poor last season. We then have potter who hasn’t played much in recent seasons. Am I missing someone else? I must be

Player
Manager
John King
Some very valid points here RLC. I’m a big concernbwd about the middle of the park. Perkins will be at a higher level that he has played at before but is he still good enough for league one? and Banks was at times poor last season. We then have potter who hasn’t played much in recent seasons. Am I missing someone else? I must be
We also have McCullough (apparently) and Gilmour. I think the centre of midfield is fine in terms of general quality, but we will need more goals from the central midfielders this season. None of them really contributed goals last year, other than a purple patch from Gilmour in October.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The squad looks light on numbers with the injuries to Miller, Woods, Caprice and Blackett-Taylor before the season has even started, Miller apparently looks to be a serious injury, the other 3 im not too sure how many games they will miss.

We could do with bringing a couple of players in this week otherwise it could be a struggle this season especially as I cant see us scoring many goals