• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Starting to dislike Ipswich..

In other news, McNulty signs for York.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Big steve signs for York. Slightly surprised he’s joined a team who finished 12th in national league north and the likes of fylde and Wrexham haven’t been tempted.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
So pleased Steeeeeve has signed for York, what a difference he can make there...Good Luck Steve.

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Miller signs a 6 month deal. Can be a handful but needs to get a good pre season under his belt

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Big steve signs for York. Slightly surprised he’s joined a team who finished 12th in national league north and the likes of fylde and Wrexham haven’t been tempted.
Also that he's not stayed a bit more local; drop to the NLN with Southport/Chester would be more understandable. He doesn't seem to have any coaching role at York either. Should do well for them.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Quite a lot's happened, since I last posted on signings yesterday. Pleased with Nelson, interested by Blackett-Taylor, Miller yes as a squad player, but given he took much longer than expected to recover from the last injury, significant doubt over how much he'll contribute. With two [Ellis and Gumbs] out until 2020 and Woods sounding a bit like another Steve Foster, I can understand a reluctance to go down the McCullough route, but we do need another player of that type to break up play and protect the back four. Harris along with Buxton reportedly not at pre-season training, we apparently won't have Jay to fall-back on, so a defensive midfielder becomes a priority in recruitment. As well as another striker...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Pleased for Steve and while he has dropped down to NLN level, York are a bigger and better club than a number in a higher division. I am also pleased with the Miller signing, as we need a powerful presence up front. However, we definitely need more quality at centre forward. Hopefully Payne is the answer, although his career does seem to have gone a bit stale recently.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Stefan Payne a striker is to sign tomorrow

Probably the kind of player we need to take a chance on. Plucked from non league, few games at this level.

Player
Manager
John King
Buxton has confirmed he has left, and it seems Harris has gone too. Probably for the best in my opinion, as I don't think either would be good enough on a consistent basis in League One, Buxton purely because of his fitness.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Buxton has confirmed he has left, and it seems Harris has gone too. Probably for the best in my opinion, as I don't think either would be good enough on a consistent basis in League One, Buxton purely because of his fitness.
Yes, agreed. Such a shame as Buxton was quite skillful but fitness an issue. Also liked Harris purely for his attitude but would probably struggle with the step up.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Good idea to give Miller 6 months. What contract was he on previous.....was it 1 year or loan?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yet his apparent replacement in Woods as squad defender is a player, who Bradford/Preston fans fear his legs have gone. Buxton's fitness issues were more of his own making and if we could have got a fitter player of similar ilk, I'd have been happier. The fact of his departure's only come out now suggests there had been some discussions about a new deal. Buxton played his part in our movement up the pyramid, will be interesting to see where he ends up next, but I wish him well.

If Harris has also gone, my earlier remark about a defensive midfielder being a priority holds.

Player
Manager
John King
The club has confirmed that Harris, Buxton and Zoum have left. All the best to them. Harris in particular played a big part in our revival.

Player
Manager
John King
If Payne is coming in, I am a bit worried about the quality up front. I think we will need more to be honest.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hope they all get Clubs. Will always remember Jay doing a great job at right back against boreham wood at Wembley

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I must admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed by the names of the 2 forwards that are being bandied around. Gutted also that Jay Harris has gone, maybe could have been used as a squad player? Forever grateful for his and Buckos contributions over the past few years, I wish them both well!

Reactions: Boz