• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

But it won't be James Vaughan.
I still think Vaughan would have been a decent signing, but there is no way we could (or should) have offered him a three year deal.

If we can attract one of them, Lang, Maynard and Rose would all be better signings.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Given his injury record a 3 year deal for Vaughan is risky, but also a no brainer from the players viewpoint. While he might have done a job for us, we'd never have offered that length of contract.

Luke Pilling, seemed to come back into the picture when we changed goalkeeping coach. They also seem to rate Bayleigh Passant.

Sid Nelson. I agree with RLC on this. He did have a spell on loan at Chesterfield, but rather less successfully than his time at Rovers and Swindon. The latter felt he'd priced himself out of their range, do the Spireites have more money than Swindon?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Calum Woods signs after being released by Bradford City. Reasonable pedigree but only a one-year deal so likely a cheap squad player. Defence is nearly sorted so I expect Sid is not staying.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If Woods can stay fit, may be a decent signing, but Bradford and Preston fans think he’s past it. Mostly plays as full-back, so more of a Buxton replacement, if Adam has gone? Reckon we need at least another central defender and full-back.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Probably a decent signing if he stays fit. 1-year deal good business, not too risky. I heard Sid was going to sign but then that does seem like quite a few defenders unless Micky has plans on a 6-3-1 formation next season. :D

Hopefully we'll get some attacking options in soon.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Seems ok but questions as to his injury susceptibility... also we talk of having a lot of defenders but 2 are out until at least Christmas - we do have to play quite a few games before then remember;)
Just seen Keiron Morris has signed also on a 2 year deal after release by Walsall! I think he did ok last season when he arrived and has more to offer...

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree Morris has more to offer. I think Sid will also sign and then it's just the forwards options.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
ADD is right about defenders, with Gumbs and Ellis out until next year, we are potentially still short.

Happy enough with Morris, he works hard and fits in.

ADD

Player
Norwood
That to me is the best bit of news so far alongside MM - I had assumed that with the delay until now he wasn't going to sign... ...

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Full back Callum Woods signs from Bradford. Not sure if he os left or right.