• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
and Nevitt does not get injured Glatz had more problems than a bad day on the M53, yes he is young and has potential but he needs to stay fit

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So what's left in the recruiting process? The itk posters suggest a deal for a winger still under contract is being explored.
I'd suggest goalkeeper, central defender and striker still needed and hopefully either the striker or winger has some pace in their locker.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would say we need a keeper, winger and striker as a minimum. We only had three centre halves last season, which proved an issue due to the age of Clarke and NKP, but with a younger back line I think we could get away with only three this season. However, I expect we will try to sign another defender.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would say we need a keeper, winger and striker as a minimum. We only had three centre halves last season, which proved an issue due to the age of Clarke and NKP, but with a younger back line I think we could get away with only three this season. However, I expect we will try to sign another defender.
Last season we had Foley as central defensive cover though. Don't think there is an equivalent in the current squad. Assuming Hockenhull is at least going to be a first team squad player, surprises me that we haven't got a development player for central defence, yet 3 in midfield. Maybe Bristow can play there?

Player
Manager
John King
Last season we had Foley as central defensive cover though. Don't think there is an equivalent in the current squad. Assuming Hockenhull is at least going to be a first team squad player, surprises me that we haven't got a development player for central defence, yet 3 in midfield. Maybe Bristow can play there?
I am not sure we would need a Foley equivalent if the fitness and durability of the new centre halves is better than the ones we had last season, which it probably is.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I am not sure we would need a Foley equivalent if the fitness and durability of the new centre halves is better than the ones we had last season, which it probably is.
It's not purely about fitness though Tom Davies has had issues with injury. Due to the position they play in, central defenders are more likely to pick up bans by accumulated bookings or straight reds. If 2 of the 3 were unavailable., do we have cover within the squad? Bristow perhaps or McAlear, both fairly big lads might be capable, but if not it is too risky to be without cover.

Player
Manager
John King
It's not purely about fitness though Tom Davies has had issues with injury. Due to the position they play in, central defenders are more likely to pick up bans by accumulated bookings or straight reds. If 2 of the 3 were unavailable., do we have cover within the squad? Bristow perhaps or McAlear, both fairly big lads might be capable, but if not it is too risky to be without cover.
The squad is not complete yet, so we don't know what cover we would have from elsewhere on the pitch. I still think three would be enough, but we will probably sign another defender.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with Boz that we could do with some more pace in attacking areas.
I’m surprised McDonald hasn’t gone anywhere yet - wonder if he is training with us. Assume he is on the basis we hope he’ll stay but he must have had offers elsewhere.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m surprised McDonald hasn’t gone anywhere yet - wonder if he is training with us. Assume he is ok the basis we hope he’ll stay but he must have had offers elsewhere

Player
Manager
John King
I’m surprised McDonald hasn’t gone anywhere yet - wonder if he is training with us. Assume he is ok the basis we hope he’ll stay but he must have had offers elsewhere
Yes, MacDonald was in the training photos issued last week.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
we do need a pacy winger and striker we need to push the front two and hope we don,t get a lad at the end of his days or someone who has scored 10 goals in 300 games, yes a keeper also but we need more in the scoring areas as we were poor in that department last season

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I would like to see another striker come in but like aldo mussy says, someone who is not at the end of their career or risky with injuries (nicky maynard springs to mind). I still think we need more firepower alongside Hemmings.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes, I would like to see another striker come in but like aldo mussy says, someone who is not at the end of their career or risky with injuries (nicky maynard springs to mind). I still think we need more firepower alongside Hemmings.
Yes so do I but as RLC has said it may depend on the budget and other gaps in the squad. If we bring glatzel in then we’d have Hemmings, Nevitt, glatzel and Jolley. I. Could see us starting the season with those 4 and if we have injuries or just don’t score enough then in January we could look to bring someone in.

Apart from Hemmings I’m not sure any others are capable of scoring regularly but if they all chip in plus Morris and other midfields we should be ok. Although if glatzel could stay injury free I think he’s capable of say 15 goals but it’s a big if

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Yes so do I but as RLC has said it may depend on the budget and other gaps in the squad. If we bring glatzel in then we’d have Hemmings, Nevitt, glatzel and Jolley. I. Could see us starting the season with those 4 and if we have injuries or just don’t score enough then in January we could look to bring someone in.

Apart from Hemmings I’m not sure any others are capable of scoring regularly but if they all chip in plus Morris and other midfields we should be ok. Although if glatzel could stay injury free I think he’s capable of say 15 goals but it’s a big if
We already have Hemmings, Nevitt, Jolley and Burton, although there is interest in Jolley apparently, and Jake may go back out on loan. I would think we will bring in another forward player, perhaps someone that can play out wide and through the middle if needed.

Player
Manager
John King
I am sure we will sign another striker. Jolley is still unproven and Burton has hardly any first team experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.