• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Might Burton get more of a look-in this season? It’s only the first game of pre-season , but the Twitter account suggests he was quite involved in the match and got a goal. Jake does have pace which is a rare commodity in the current Rovers team. Could do without Jolley’s injury being serious.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Might Burton get more of a look-in this season? It’s only the first game of pre-season , but the Twitter account suggests he was quite involved in the match and got a goal. Jake does have pace which is a rare commodity in the current Rovers team. Could do without Jolley’s injury being serious.
He has been around the first team squad for a few years now, whereas most of the other youngsters of his cohort are long gone. The coaching staff must see something in him to have kept him on.

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
After the debacle when he started at Northampton and was then shipped out again I was amazed we gave Burton another contract. With expectations we’ll be in the promotion pack I’d be amazed if he featured. The club must see something in him but surely by now he would have had more than a very small piece of first team action if he was good enough

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sparky, I doubt he’d be a first team regular, but with the 5 subs rule Jake might be a handy player to have on the bench, particularly if the additional striker we bring in also lacks pace.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sparky, I doubt he’d be a first team regular, but with the 5 subs rule Jake might be a handy player to have on the bench, particularly if the additional striker we bring in also lacks pace.
Yes very true plus if we don’t bring in a pacey winger Burton can play wide right

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Kyle Jamieson who was the central defender triallist today, doesn’t get a good write up from fans of former clubs Barrow and Oldham. Hope we can find better, though he’s unlikely to be first choice.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Kyle Jamieson who was the central defender triallist today, doesn’t get a good write up from fans of former clubs Barrow and Oldham. Hope we can find better, though he’s unlikely to be first choice.
Hopefully they've got others lined up Boz.
The trialist keeper has had a varied career and has had long spells as no.1 and then no. 2 at a reasonable level - sometimes dependant on the manager at the time and the odd injury. At 35 he's no chicken, but not necessarily too old in them of keepers. Player of the season last year at Carlisle and then released - go figure. I was defo hoping it'd be someone good enough with the pedigree to challenge for the no.1 spot. Not sure it'd be him, but you never know. That's if he's signed.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The trialist keeper has had a varied career and has had long spells as no.1 and then no. 2 at a reasonable level - sometimes dependant on the manager at the time and the odd injury. At 35 he's no chicken, but not necessarily too old in them of keepers. Player of the season last year at Carlisle and then released - go figure. I was defo hoping it'd be someone good enough with the pedigree to challenge for the no.1 spot. Not sure it'd be him, but you never know. That's if he's signed.
The triallist keeper(Howard) did well at Carlisle last season, but released as their manager prefers to have a younger goalie. The keeper Rovers were initially
interested in went elsewhere, I don't know if the keeper we signed from Bamber Bridge, Hewelt, is anywhere close to first team action, so if he's good enough don't have a problem with giving Howard a 1 year deal.

drwhoman

Howard has a decent pedigree and appears to have been mostly first choice at his recent clubs. He was Carlile player of the year last season which must be positive. Experience in Scotland and latterly in Lancashire before Carlile which seems to be a regular theme of Micky signings

ADD

Player
Norwood
From the highlights on the pre season thread Burton scored a good goal and also created a freekick in a dangerous spot by harrying the defender. He also seemed in decent amounts of space a couple of times and wasn't found. He is also yes as you say Boz very quick by our standards! I would hope yes he does get more involvement this season and for sure yesterday's efforts will help.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I don't think the trialist keeper was Howard think whoever it was is a lot younger than him

ADD

Player
Norwood
I don't think the trialist keeper was Howard think whoever it was is a lot younger than him
Suggestions elsewhere it was either Conor Robson from Stoke or Harry Tyrer a young Everton keeper. Both supposedly on trial this week at the Campus. No idea if true.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Strong rumours elsewhere that Doohan is signing for us permanently

ADD

Player
Norwood
Strong rumours elsewhere that Doohan is signing for us permanently
Hopefully that is not the case - I suspect the comment yesterday elsewhere was a bit of a wind up. The latest from an ITK is that we have 2 options to choose from - mind you Hewelt played 90 minutes today I see and from the Twitter reports seemed to pull off a number of decent saves.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mark Howard who we thought played on Saturday but didn't has signed for Wrexham

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, yes, they are living in a little bubble at the moment. Can't wait for it to burst!

Status
Not open for further replies.