• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If that is anywhere near the mark, and I doubt it, it is no wonder he hasn't signed.
I do know that the pay for top pros is quite a bit lower than that.
No player will be on more pay than the club captain.
We were paying a percentage of his salary and that figure was agreed by Reading. The EFL then delayed the process due to Reading's embargo, which is why the deal was not completed, not because our offer was inadequate.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Just hope to see a few new players standing in a line holding the scarf aloft tomorrow. O'Connor, Duffy, Agard. Possibly Khan.....still available? Hopefully a nice surprise or two.

Player
Manager
John King
Mark Randles of the Trust says that there may be up to five signings tomorrow, including two or three strikers.

My guess would be: O'Connor, Duffy, experienced striker, young striker, young winger. No guarantee they will all arrive of course.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Mark Randles of the Trust says that there may be up to five signings tomorrow, including two or three strikers.

My guess would be: O'Connor, Duffy, experienced striker, young striker, young winger. No guarantee they will all arrive of course.
Happy days - looking forward to tomorrow. Hope Khan gets a look in as I do think he's a very tidy player, although maybe not what Mickey's looking for currently.

drwhoman

Let us hope for good news today. I always smile at some of the alleged sightings on social media. Mbappe seen getting off the ferry at Woodside sort of stuff! Andy Carroll (I am not sure he has a new club yet) seen outside Prenton Park etc etc.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Let us hope for good news today. I always smile at some of the alleged sightings on social media. Mbappe seen getting off the ferry at Woodside sort of stuff! Andy Carroll (I am not sure he has a new club yet) seen outside Prenton Park etc etc.
Robbie fowler was sighted at the club on a regular basis, allegedly

ADD

Player
Norwood
I still think it is more about the process than the financial situation. We have four strikers (Mani, Nevitt, Glatzel and Jolley) none of whom look good enough at this moment in time, one of whom we are apparently paying a substantial sum for (Glatzel), another of whom must be on reasonable money (Mani), and one of whom we paid a fee for (Jolley). We still apparently have a substantial sum to pay in wages to another striker, after taking account of those dealings.

We would probably have been better off bringing in a couple of League Two journeymen who can do a job for us, rather than the four players listed above.
How could you forget Burton RLC? :) Though an easy mistake given he didn't even get a solitary minute in pre-season despite having been given a second year....

ADD

Player
Norwood

That's positive if true... 5 would surprise me however given how slow things have been.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's positive if true... 5 would surprise me however given how slow things have been.
I hope it’s true, although I would like quality more than quantity. Five in one day would be some kind of record. I’m expecting two or at most three but with the likelihood we might sign out of contract players next month.

Player
Manager
John King
How could you forget Burton RLC? :) Though an easy mistake given he didn't even get a solitary minute in pre-season despite having been given a second year....
Yes, I was assuming he is on buttons anyway.

drwhoman

I understand that Ipswich have just made their 18th (yes- 18th) signing of the current window!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Striker George Lloyd who someone suggested on FB we may be interested in joins port vale on a season long loan from Cheltenham.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hoping we don’t being nicky Maynard in. Available on a free but 35 in December

drwhoman

I see Crawford hs gone from Bolton to St Johnstone. Just confirms the questionable quality of the SPL.