• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

drwhoman

The lack of activity is starting to be a concern. The squad is simply not big enough or strong enough, particularly in the final third. I wonder whether more loans are now on the Agenda?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The lack of activity is starting to be a concern. The squad is simply not big enough or strong enough, particularly in the final third. I wonder whether more loans are now on the Agenda?
I think virtually all the remaining deals will be loans. We are at the mercy of the parent club in when they will loan a player out but surely they would want do it so players can start the season with the new club.

Player
aldo
yea it's getting very concerning we are so short on numbers a couple of players out and we are down to the youth

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Micky did say he’s still looking for players so at least we know they are on the case but you just wonder if the quality will be there so late on.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Micky did say he’s still looking for players so at least we know they are on the case but you just wonder if the quality will be there so late on.
Looks like still waiting on the Efl to resolve issues with Reading before we can bring in McNulty

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the quality is out there at the moment, as players like McNulty and Vassell are still unattached, but it does get riskier the longer it drags on.

The latest suggestion is that is the EFL holding up the McNulty deal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Duffy, there doesn't seem anything on the Burton fans forum about him (yet), unclear where this rumour has started.

If it is true could be the player stalling rather than Rovers not offering him a deal that's led to it. Foley in a similar situation put pen to paper. I'm fairly neutral about him, offered more on set-pieces than many, but off the pace and wouldn't have expected him to start regularly until he was fitter.

It does concern me that we haven't been able to secure the services of a proven striker and the saga 101 reasons why Marc McNulty hasn't joined yet, is becoming a bit wearing. Elsewhere we need bolstering too either by way of loans or permanent deals and it seems unlikely that much will be done by the Walsall game.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
We don't know who Mickey will play down the middle if no strikers come in. The consensus seems to be Manni who could turn out to be a decent signing. My concern is that the perceived striker being targeted is a more mobile Mullin, Norwood type. Can only assume if MM goes with Manni for now he doesn't think Glatzel et Al can do it. If when the new guy does come we maybe changing how we play again a couple of games in.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will be interesting what happens with Khan and CBT as they are cutting it fine to be in the starting eleven for a side this weekend

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Will be interesting what happens with Khan and CBT as they are cutting it fine to be in the starting eleven for a side this weekend
Cbt is due to sign for Wigan he's been on trial there, heard nothing further on Khan

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Scottish paper saying Ross Doohan Celtic keeper to have medical tomorrow ahead if a season long loan deal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting to see what does happen if he signs in terms of the goalkeeping position. Murphy was thinking about retirement, but has actually been one of the positives in pre-season. Scott Davies may be ready for action again as early as next month, though it remains to be seen how well he's recovered. Celtic will be expecting Ross Doohan to get some match time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Supposed to be another player having a medical tomorrow but don't know who. Reading still waiting on charity from the league on their situation before letting McNulty leave.

Player
Manager
John King
Interesting to see what does happen if he signs in terms of the goalkeeping position. Murphy was thinking about retirement, but has actually been one of the positives in pre-season. Scott Davies may be ready for action again as early as next month, though it remains to be seen how well he's recovered. Celtic will be expecting Ross Doohan to get some match time.
I think Davies could be out for a while yet. There are some suggestions his recovery is not going particularly well.

Player
Manager
John King
Supposed to be another player having a medical tomorrow but don't know who. Reading still waiting on charity from the league on their situation before letting McNulty leave.
Possibly a winger from Villa ? It would make sense, as Premier League clubs are starting to release their loan players now.