• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would not say the attack as a whole is light. MacManaman, Feeney, Morris, Watson, and even Cogley and MacDonald, will offer plenty in the attacking third.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Micky had Doohan on loan at Dundee Utd, so not a gamble from his perspective.

Nothing seems to have happened on the other suggested addition today.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No, I think we are all eagerly waiting some striker news. Doohan has been getting some really positive comments about his performances so sounds like a good addition.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The squad is solid but we all know that the attack is light. As regards Doohan, let’s hope he is the real deal. Celtic had goalkeeping issues and hence they signed Joe Hart the other day. Obviously, Postecoglu did not think Doohan was ready. As an aside, Ange was a strange choice as Manager and it will be interesting to see if he lasts.
They put all their time and efforts in to getting Eddie Howe only for it to go pear shaped at the last minute and are playing catch up with signings

drwhoman

They put all their time and efforts in to getting Eddie Howe only for it to go pear shaped at the last minute and are playing catch up with signings
Fair comment Bigmart. There was some talk of them signing Davies who signed for Liverpool but has since disappeared. How disappointing for him - just signed as an insurance obviously. Celtic have since signed a Swedish international. I hope Davies gets to a more sympathetic club soon!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Fair comment Bigmart. There was some talk of them signing Davies who signed for Liverpool but has since disappeared. How disappointing for him - just signed as an insurance obviously. Celtic have since signed a Swedish international. I hope Davies gets to a more sympathetic club soon!
Strange to sign Davies, then despite all the defensive injuries not to play him at all. I think he will be on his way soon maybe he will end up at Celtic

drwhoman

Strange to sign Davies, then despite all the defensive injuries not to play him at all. I think he will be on his way soon maybe he will end up at Celtic
I could be completely wrong but it was just in case they did not get Kabak. As it was Williams and Phillips did ok.It did not help Davies that he was injured at the wrong time!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I just found out that we had a promising striker on our books last season. He is the 18-year-old son of Duncan Ferguson. However, a month ago he signed for Newcastle United. We got an undisclosed fee for him. It's strange I missed that. I don't remember any announcement at the time. Did anyone else know about this? It's small wonder we have done away with our academy.

Player
Manager
John King
I just found out that we had a promising striker on our books last season. He is the 18-year-old son of Duncan Ferguson. However, a month ago he signed for Newcastle United. We got an undisclosed fee for him. It's strange I missed that. I don't remember any announcement at the time. Did anyone else know about this? It's small wonder we have done away with our academy.
Yes, Cameron Ferguson. He was actually here for a couple of years and played in quite a few youth matches.

drwhoman

I think the quality is out there at the moment, as players like McNulty and Vassell are still unattached, but it does get riskier the longer it drags on.

The latest suggestion is that is the EFL holding up the McNulty deal.
I hope this the case although Reading were able to sell Olise to Palace without anY EFL objection. See what happens!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Newcastle announced it rather than us, he is now part of their academy

Player
Manager
John King
I hope this the case although Reading were able to sell Olise to Palace without anY EFL objection. See what happens!
However, that was a permanent deal rather than a loan. I think the issue is whether Reading are able to replace McNulty if he is loaned out, or whether he still counts towards their squad total.

Player
Manager
John King
The McNulty saga drags on....

I would rather we just signed Vassell or somebody else now, while there are still some other decent strikers available.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The McNulty saga drags on....

I would rather we just signed Vassell or somebody else now, while there are still some other decent strikers available.
We need to move fast now to get sumbody else in we can't keep waiting for a deal that may not happen

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It’s not acceptable for the decision to be made after the season has started, as it affects other clubs not just Reading. If the McNulty deal has been agreed and the Reading issue is definitely about to be sorted soon, the let’s hang on a d get Micky’s number one choice. If not, get the best you can get now and build him into the squad.

Player
Manager
John King
Duffy is still at the club, because he is in the training photos which have just been put online. Very strange.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wogan sign winger Jordan jones on a 3 year deal. Wonder if they’ll still look at bringing CBT in as I’d still keep him if we could. Micky could maybe get the best out of him but that ship may have sailed

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Duffy is still at the club, because he is in the training photos which have just been put online. Very strange.
Some of the transfer dealings have been incredibly drawn out. Surely he'll sign this week or not at all. Or maybe he's signed already and they have forgotten to tell us. ;)