• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I hadn't heard that re Scottie Davies, shame after there were some encouraging noises a few weeks ago.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I don’t understand the Ross Doohan situation. It would seem we need a reserve keeper but Celtic will want Ross to play in most games. Joe Murphy has not let us down and our captain will be expecting his place back when he’s fit again. We could have three experienced goalies available for most of the season.

My take is that maybe Scott is indeed some way from playing again. Micky knows Ross well and I am also wondering whether he is seen as a possible permanent replacement.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Joe Murphy considered retiring after last season had finished, there was at least a couple of articles in Irish papers about it. This will be his last season.
Sadly it appears Scott has suffered a setback so Doohan provides competition/cover for the season and may well get a chance to prove his worth during the season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Decent signing given the issues with Scottie but think Murphy deserves the shirt for now after a good pre-season.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It has been suggested by an ITK poster elsewhere that we will get a 'yes or no' response from the EFL regarding McNulty today.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
McNulty and TRFC appear to be just collateral damage in the battle between Reading and the EFL. That’s a shame as in the nightmare scenario McNulty is brought into Reading’s first team squad (which I expect neither wants) and Rovers end up with a third-class striker.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rolling squad list (updated):

Goalkeepers
Scott Davies
Joe Murphy
Ross Doohan

Defenders
Josh Cogley
Tom Davies
Nathaniel Knight-Percival
Peter Clarke
Callum MacDonald
Joe Maguire

Midfielders
Jay Spearing
Ryan Watson
Chris Merrie
Sam Foley
Kieron Morris
Liam Feeney
Callum McManaman

Forwards
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe
Paul Glatzel
Charlie Jolley
Elliot Nevitt

First and second year professionals
Ben Jones
Jake Burton
Kyle Hayde
Ryan Stratullis

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Rolling squad list (updated):

Goalkeepers
Scott Davies
Joe Murphy
Ross Doohan

Defenders
Josh Cogley
Tom Davies
Nathaniel Knight-Percival
Peter Clarke
Callum MacDonald
Joe Maguire

Midfielders
Jay Spearing
Ryan Watson
Chris Merrie
Sam Foley
Kieron Morris
Liam Feeney
Callum McManaman

Forwards
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe
Paul Glatzel
Charlie Jolley
Elliot Nevitt

First and second year professionals
Ben Jones
Jake Burton
Kyle Hayde
Ryan Stratullis
Doesn't look to bad a squad!!, looking forward to Saturday to see how we fair

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes when you look at the squad on paper it does look decent especially in midfield areas. We possibly need some right back cover although perhaps Maguire and McDonald could go there at a push.

Just need that elusive striker…..

drwhoman

The squad is solid but we all know that the attack is light. As regards Doohan, let’s hope he is the real deal. Celtic had goalkeeping issues and hence they signed Joe Hart the other day. Obviously, Postecoglu did not think Doohan was ready. As an aside, Ange was a strange choice as Manager and it will be interesting to see if he lasts.