• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The Scottish papers are saying we are looking to bring in Ross Doohan on loan from Celtic. 23 keeper who had a couple of games on loan at Dunder United lady season

drwhoman

The Scottish papers are saying we are looking to bring in Ross Doohan on loan from Celtic. 23 keeper who had a couple of games on loan at Dunder United lady season
Interesting. There is a report on the BBC website suggesting that Celtic badly need a new keeper who is some good! However, I accept that Ross might still be in development and a younger keeper at Rovers might take the pressure off Joe given the latter's age.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Interesting. There is a report on the BBC website suggesting that Celtic badly need a new keeper who is some good! However, I accept that Ross might still be in development and a younger keeper at Rovers might take the pressure off Joe given the latter's age.
Will be competition for Murphy until Davies is fit.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Duffy and Doohan rumoured to be on their way in. That possibly just leaves a striker and we’re done.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Duffy and Doohan rumoured to be on their way in. That possibly just leaves a striker and we’re done.
Be more than that to come or we will be relying on kids in the case of injuries

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Also need another wide player with some pace. A little concerned with the current squad but see who signs before the Sunderland friendly and assess then.

On a separate point, what are the arrangements for the Warrington friendly, can Rovers fans go?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

Also need another wide player with some pace. A little concerned with the current squad but see who signs before the Sunderland friendly and assess then.

On a separate point, what are the arrangements for the Warrington friendly, can Rovers fans go?
Yes, tickets available to purchase in advance.

Reactions: Boz

frenchrover

Player
aldo
As it stands we're basically relying on kids BEFORE any injuries, only Mani over 20. Surely an experienced striker must be brought in, and the clock is ticking!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Have Khan and CBT definitely gone? After all this time, you would think so. But I am not aware they have signed for anyone.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Have Khan and CBT definitely gone? After all this time, you would think so. But I am not aware they have signed for anyone.
Cbt is at Wigan but the deal not been announced, Khan did an interview couple of weeks ago saying his agent was in talks with the club but there's been nothing official

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Cbt is at Wigan but the deal not been announced, Khan did an interview couple of weeks ago saying his agent was in talks with the club but there's been nothing official
It sounds like Khan would be happy to stay but he and the club are playing hardball holding out for the best deal. I think he would provide good cover on the right in midfield and full back. I heard he was not well paid last season so will be looking for a decent increase. I wonder if he has been training with us or if not whether he is match fit.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sam Foley signs. Ex Motherwell and Northampton midfielder who will provide cover in that area.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Foley has had a decent career. 35 in october he’ll add some cover as we now have Watson, merrie and spearing in there too.