• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
ian goodison
grandson informs me Otis khan training with chesterfield maybe just keeping fit as his last club was mansfield

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m unsure on Khan. Good in parts but I’m sure we can do better.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m unsure on Khan. Good in parts but I’m sure we can do better.

I agree and I’d rather his wage went towards a decent forward. We have plenty of midfielders on the books and cogley will clearly be first choice RB. I don’t think we need Otis anymore to be honest

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree about Khan. I would be happy to sign him if we have surplus funds, but not if we have to make sacrifices elsewhere.

He is very good technically and keeps the game flowing, but his end product in terms of goals and assists is much poorer than either Morris or Feeney (or MacManaman no doubt).

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
From the post match interview with Micky the only reason Duffy not yet been given a contract is due to his fitness but I expect it will happen soon

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Marc McNulty rumours persist. He’d be decent down the middle but is there a chance Micky would play him wide? Got to trust the gaffer

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Marc McNulty rumours persist. He’d be decent down the middle but is there a chance Micky would play him wide? Got to trust the gaffer
He only played wide at Dundee United at times due to injuries of the central strikers. If the deal gets done and I think it will then it will be a fantastic signing

Player
Manager
John King
He only played wide at Dundee United at times due to injuries of the central strikers. If the deal gets done and I think it will then it will be a fantastic signing
Indeed, probably the best striker we could realistically sign, including McAleny.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well we do need that big marquee signing up front so lets hope so! I think he would bang them in at league two level.

drwhoman

I agree with all of the previous comments. As regards Glatzel he should be playing through the middle. His most productive time at Liverpool was when he was doing this and when he was linking up with Bobby Duncan, Steven Gerrard's cousin, who clearly thought he was better than he was in bailing out to Italy, due to lack of first team opportunities at Liverpool (at age 19), but was back at Derby Under 23s the last I heard. It would be good if McNulty signs and that he and Glatzel can become a decent goalscoring combo. It sounds as if Mani might be a come off the bench sort of a guy.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not Otis Khan's greatest admirer, but feel he would be a more valuable addition to the squad than Duffy, who we seem keen to sign, despite his lack of match-fitness. Wasn't impressed on today's showing.

Player
Manager
John King
I'm not Otis Khan's greatest admirer, but feel he would be a more valuable addition to the squad than Duffy, who we seem keen to sign, despite his lack of match-fitness. Wasn't impressed on today's showing.
I think if he can get fit, Duffy is the better player. We saw glimpses of that in the first half.

Hopefully the fitness coaches can get to work on him.

Player
Manager
John King
Going briefly off topic, I see Joey Barton is in court next week for allegedly attacking his wide, in addition to his previous charge for the assault of the Barnsley manager.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I agree with all of the previous comments. As regards Glatzel he should be playing through the middle. His most productive time at Liverpool was when he was doing this and when he was linking up with Bobby Duncan, Steven Gerrard's cousin, who clearly thought he was better than he was in bailing out to Italy, due to lack of first team opportunities at Liverpool (at age 19), but was back at Derby Under 23s the last I heard. It would be good if McNulty signs and that he and Glatzel can become a decent goalscoring combo. It sounds as if Mani might be a come off the bench sort of a guy.
Re Glatzel not playing up front as a number 9 I guess it may change when/ if McNulty arrives but if we continue with Glatzel playing out wide I wonder if Liverpool will have any concerns with that? I assume they thought he would playing as the No. 9 when they sent him out on loan?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Re Glatzel not playing up front as a number 9 I guess it may change when/ if McNulty arrives but if we continue with Glatzel playing out wide I wonder if Liverpool will have any concerns with that? I assume they thought he would playing as the No. 9 when they sent him out on loan?
I was a little surprised we didn't try him in a more central position either with Mani or Nevitt, as to loan him as a striker yet not give him any match time in that role during pre-season puzzling. While I doubt Red Scouse have any say on where he's deployed, they may curtail the loan if he's not getting playing time in a role where they intend to play him. .

I also thought it might be worth giving Jones the current reserve keeper a bit of match time, given the loan from Celtic hasn't arrived yet. Wouldn't want to be in a situation where his first appearance is because the main keeper has had to go off and he comes on having not played with any of the first team defenders.