• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not heard anything to suggest the deal is not going though, im.just keeping fingers crossed it happens.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I wonder if the delay is down to the EFL in addition to COVID?
We all I expect by now assume we are not going legal BUT Hearts arbitration is not finalised....
What have we said to EFL? We will accept demotion if Hearts lose but we expect same result as them if they win? Maybe compensation?
So very difficult as MP will not know our budget if (say) there is still a possibility of a compensation payment...

drwhoman

I wonder if the delay is down to the EFL in addition to COVID?
We all I expect by now assume we are not going legal BUT Hearts arbitration is not finalised....
What have we said to EFL? We will accept demotion if Hearts lose but we expect same result as them if they win? Maybe compensation?
So very difficult as MP will not know our budget if (say) there is still a possibility of a compensation payment...
You would have thought that compensation would be reasonable if not our preferred outcome! It might help fill the financial hole that has been created by the EFL.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can't think there is any way we'll got our rightful place back in League One, unless another club goes bust or is docked points before the fixtures are out (both highly unlikely). The EFL won't give in, a legal case would be too costly and too late, so the best we can hope for is some dosh, which would also recognise that we were unfairly treated originally.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have read elsewhere that any players under contract or recruited by 6th August 2020 will be counted as league average wage for the purpose of any salary cap calculation. Another case of EFL making the rules up as they go along, but this will put those clubs who've already signed new players in a very competitive position in comparison with Rovers holding back.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Have read elsewhere that any players under contract or recruited by 6th August 2020 will be counted as league average wage for the purpose of any salary cap calculation. Another case of EFL making the rules up as they go along, but this will put those clubs who've already signed new players in a very competitive position in comparison with Rovers holding back.
Disgraceful if that is true. They are just penalising responsible clubs - again.

Player
Manager
John King
The start of the season has been confirmed as 12th September.

I wonder if we were waiting for that conformation before formally agreeing new contracts ?

Player
aldo
sorry I've not been on much just run off our feet real busy. we defo need some positive news and mark and Jacko needs to get a move on talk sport this morning they are saying around 17% of fans will be allowed into grounds so you will need an st ticket to get in at first then see what happens

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Suggestion on another site that the Woodyard deal may not be happening.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Suggestion on another site that the Woodyard deal may not be happening.
Shame if it doesn't happen but I wouldn't be surprised - he is the right age, good experience, proven EFL quality and we've seen it with our own eyes. I would hope we have contingencies in place regarding players with similar attributes. While I imagine we are an attractive proposition at EFL2 level, probably only surpassed by those willing to throw cash around, I think the biggest challenge with Woodyard is that he is proven at EFL1 level.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The only way we’ll be sure is when we see Alex pictured holding up a Rovers scarf or with pen in hand on the official site.
... or pictured holding up somebody else's scarf on their website!

• Sad
Reactions: Boz

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have a confirmed start the for the season, training has to start very soon, we surely need to get things together quickly squad wise we are to his the ground running.

And We also need to have an assistant manager in place soon too.

Player
aldo
just some positive news please no point panicking to much the transfer window does not open for another week and we know what rovers have been like the last few years

Player
Manager
John King
The only way we’ll be sure is when we see Alex pictured holding up a Rovers scarf or with pen in hand on the official site.
True, but some sources are more reliable than others. We don't have to believe all the nonsense on Twitter and elsewhere.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
just some positive news please no point panicking to much the transfer window does not open for another week and we know what rovers have been like the last few years
we have been able to sign out of contract players for several weeks now and the transfer window opens tomorrow.