• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

ADD

Player
Norwood
yep hope he does well except aginst us! seemed like a real genuine guy.
I think Payne did ok last season - was playing in a poorly performing side don't forget before the recruits in the transfer window... didn't get much opportunity after.
Think he will do a decent job next season if he gets up and running

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
To be fair like ADD suggests Payne did have his moments. He is a penalty box poacher type and even excelled as a make shirt centre back away at Coventry I think!

wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed and is capable of getting a few goals in league 2

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Payne was prolific in the Conference and might be OK in League Two. I always said that his goalscoring record is actually better than Mullin's if you consider his whole career.

However, I still would not want him as first choice next season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Slightly linked to Jennings departure is that Stockport have today signed John Rooney who has just captained Barrow to promotion from L2. He’s signed a 3 year deal so Stockport must have plenty of cash. Rooney is very similar to Connor as in his best position is in a number ten role.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Seems strange to give John Rooney that size of deal. If Stockport have aspirations to get back to the FL, he may help them achieve that, but unlike Connor, he’s never really done it at league level.

I didn’t think Payne was as disappointing for us up front last year as Ray was at the back, but if they both stay, the slate should be wiped clean. Both are capable at L2 level.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barrow have also recruited 3 including ex Rover Mike Jones released by Carlisle.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Payne was prolific in the Conference and might be OK in League Two. I always said that his goalscoring record is actually better than Mullin's if you consider his whole career.

However, I still would not want him as first choice next season.
I'd be happy if Payne was our 3rd choice striker. After a poor start he definitely improved. Despite all the negativity from previous clubs his attitude seemed fine when he was struggling for game time in the later part of the season. If he was our 3rd striker it would also mean we had some pretty decent to partner Ferrier.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ferrier works hard up front and must be difficult to defend against, but he’s not prolific either. We’ll need someone else to be knocking them in, particularly if CBT is off as predicted.

drwhoman

There still seems to be strong mail that we will sign Woodyard. Would be good if we did. Mark said in his interview that Mike was already talking to someone.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Rovers Rearguard says it's a done deal and we are interested in at least one other of last season's loanees, presumably James Vaughan. But I always get nervous when "announced" deals are delayed.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Woodyard to sign on Thursday I've been told, don't know why then but apparently a done deal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Player
Jonny Morrisey
Quiet on all fronts, hopefully some news before the weekend. I know Jacko has only just been appointed but there are a lot of clubs doing deals at present. I sean Sean Ragget is available and would be a good addition, although probably out of our price range!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Quiet on all fronts, hopefully some news before the weekend. I know Jacko has only just been appointed but there are a lot of clubs doing deals at present. I sean Sean Ragget is available and would be a good addition, although probably out of our price range!
I think Portsmouth are in the box seat to sign him and he would probably prefer to stay down south.