• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
To be serious, I am not sure Palios could get an experienced player to say things he did not believe. He might be able to do that with the management team, but he has no real hold over a regular player.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Glad that DWR has been confirmed, though missed it. Potential to get a few opportunities off the bench and he’s versatile.

TRFC Finland

Player
Liam Ridehalgh
Why have I not realized this before, Harvey Gilmour didn't get offered a new contract? I thought he still had a year left on his contract.. Interesting read on the ECHO about Neil Danns

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gilmour was very unlucky last season, didn’t get a look-in during the early stages and then shortly after getting an opportunity sustained a bad injury. He did well at L2 level and I’d have thought worth trying to keep. I’m unclear as to who we’ve said can go and who we are trying to keep though haven’t resolved any deals yet. Would guess Ellis and Banks in the latter group.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would have kept Gilmour has he had energy and a decent left foot (who can forget the winner at Morecambe!). Whereas perks, Danns etc are nearer the end of their careers. Plus Harvey would be fairly cheap I think As won’t have many offers.

strong rumours that Vaughan Is close to signing

TRFC Finland

Player
Liam Ridehalgh
I'd defo re-sign Banksy and Harvey. Really like Ellis but we've got 4 centre-backs already (if Manny and Sid stay). We need a right-back at some point too. But I'm pleased with our first signing and fully trust in Palios and MJ

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Why have I not realized this before, Harvey Gilmour didn't get offered a new contract? I thought he still had a year left on his contract.. Interesting read on the ECHO about Neil Danns
The Danns article just confirms what we all suspected about the club's waiting game.
But it does make the Spearing signing even more of a surprise. I expect a lot of work and cash has gone into it, but it's a good piece of management by the club. It shows the ambition of the club and that they are backing their manager. As well as lifting the spirits of everyone associated with Tranmere Rovers, it will surely make the club seem a more attractive option for other players.

Player
Manager
John King
There has not been an official announcement about the out of contract players yet. I think people are just surmising at the moment.

Player
aldo
I am wondering if the Santini group have helped with the jay singing he was supposed to be on big money at bpool

Player
Manager
John King
Jake Caprice signs for Exeter. Good luck to him, except when they play us.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Manager
John King
Woodyard signs for Wimbledon. Not as great a loss as it would have been had Spearing not arrived, and I doubt we could afford both.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seems to have been a busy few days for clubs making signings. Maybe it was a case of who’s going to jump first.

drwhoman

I see that the Caprice to Exeter move has been confirmed. We need a right back! I think Wilson signed for someone?