• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Good - he needed to move on. Was not rated at all by MM so I assume not by Jacko either. Hope he gets something sorted soon.
Agreed. Irrespective of his capabilities - I have seen him perform both dismally and very well - he has wasted too much time already at Prenton Park. We will have to ensure that other young players, who may have a future, complete our matchday quota.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will be interesting where Gumbs and Pilling end up. Warrington Town or Chester maybe?!

Hopefully this helps the wheels turn and we can bring one or two in fairly soon.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Will be interesting where Gumbs and Pilling end up. Warrington Town or Chester maybe?!

Hopefully this helps the wheels turn and we can bring one or two in fairly soon.
we had to pay half their July wages as they hadn't signed for another club but they would have been on low wages so won't make much of a difference financially.

TRFC Finland

Player
Liam Ridehalgh
Brilliant signing! Now hoping for Banks to re-sign and we've got a boss central midfield pair!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
After today's news, I wonder if the Vaughan deal could also happen ? There is clearly a bit of money around and we definitely had an arrangement with him back in January / February.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
After today's news, I wonder if the Vaughan deal could also happen ? There is clearly a bit of money around and we definitely had an arrangement with him back in January / February.
I think he wants to sign for him but i.don't think we can afford the fee and his wages, think the deadline for the fee has passed and they now want more money.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Vaughan on a good deal at Bradford so could be tricky.

Danns who is 37 has said he’d like to stay but club can’t offer him anything at the moment

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He’s definitely signed drwhoman. I read somewhere Danns was released. I might have dreamt it though!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He’s definitely signed drwhoman. I read somewhere Danns was released. I might have dreamt it though!
nothing confirmed as yet but in all honesty I hope we don't offer him a new deal.

drwhoman

Yes, I think it would be a backward step if we kept him on.
Spearing is no spring chicken (appeared in the 2012 Cup Final?) but is a lot younger and from my recollection will be a good addition. His signing might also encourage one or two others to also stay. A statement of intent. He was the Blackpool captain?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Spearing is no spring chicken (appeared in the 2012 Cup Final?) but is a lot younger and from my recollection will be a good addition. His signing might also encourage one or two others to also stay. A statement of intent. He was the Blackpool captain?
I think he was captain when they played at our place, he is 31 so has a few years left in him yet.