• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No idea how the vote went but I don't think they wanted to play on. MP was dead against it in April and dismissed at the idea of playing in empty stadiums for financial and other reasons. Yes, they could have done it financially but it would not have been his preference.
I think you’re probably right on that, Ian.

As I understand it, Peterborough Portsmouth and Sunderland are on record as saying they voted to play on, which is 3 of the 4 in favour of that. Fleetwood of the original 6 changed tack, so that leaves one of Rovers or Ipswich also changing. We would clearly benefit more by continuing, academic though that vote was, so puzzled why it hasn’t been confirmed that was how we voted.

RLC, I really do not want to get involved in divisive arguments with you at a time when we should all be pulling together. It seemed unlikely even in April that any season-ending decision would work to our advantage, yet my perception from that Facebook session was one of confidence in our future from the Palioi, whatever happened. Again, following this week’s vote, which we’re all angry about, Mark has seemed more pessimistic, to my eyes. This may be down to the evolving potential impact of the virus on football or to put the damage relegation does to Rovers out there ahead of any legal battle or compensation issue with the EFL. I have confidence in how Mark and Nicola will work to ensure our future, but things feel to me a bit more precarious right now.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
No idea how the vote went but I don't think they wanted to play on. MP was dead against it in April and dismissed at the idea of playing in empty stadiums for financial and other reasons. Yes, they could have done it financially but it would not have been his preference.
Just because it was not his preference does not mean he would not have done it to save our League One status.

Player
Manager
John King
I think you’re probably right on that, Ian.

As I understand it, Peterborough Portsmouth and Sunderland are on record as saying they voted to play on, which is 3 of the 4 in favour of that. Fleetwood of the original 6 changed tack, so that leaves one of Rovers or Ipswich also changing. We would clearly benefit more by continuing, academic though that vote was, so puzzled why it hasn’t been confirmed that was how we voted.

RLC, I really do not want to get involved in divisive arguments with you at a time when we should all be pulling together. It seemed unlikely even in April that any season-ending decision would work to our advantage, yet my perception from that Facebook session was one of confidence in our future from the Palioi, whatever happened. Again, following this week’s vote, which we’re all angry about, Mark has seemed more pessimistic, to my eyes. This may be down to the evolving potential impact of the virus on football or to put the damage relegation does to Rovers out there ahead of any legal battle or compensation issue with the EFL. I have confidence in how Mark and Nicola will work to ensure our future, but things feel to me a bit more precarious right now.
You were the one being divisive and clearly implying that Palios had either misled the supporters in April or had not prepared sufficiently for relegation.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You were the one being divisive and clearly implying that Palios had either misled the supporters in April or had not prepared sufficiently for relegation.
Sorry you read it that way. That was not my intention, but don’t see any merit in pursuing this further here.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is talk that crowds could be back in some form in september, football, horse racing, rugby and cricket are in talks with the government over it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There is talk that crowds could be back in some form in september, football, horse racing, rugby and cricket are in talks with the government over it.
Yeah. I heard something about small pockets of supporters with distancing enforced scattered around stadiums. Well, there is certainly plenty of space at PP!

Player
Manager
John King
Yeah. I heard something about small pockets of supporters with distancing enforced scattered around stadiums. Well, there is certainly plenty of space at PP!
I wonder if it will be season ticket holders only initially ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good question. I would certainly imagine so.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Vaughan goes back to Bradford....only to be expected I guess..

Announcing his Tranmere departure on Twitter, the former Everton and Crystal Palace front man said: Thanks to everyone @TranmereRovers loved my short spell there!

‘Gutted it ended the way it has!
‘I really do believe we would have stayed up. Great club and wish you all the best in the future.’

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There is surely a possibility any of last season’s loanees could return next season. I doubt many transfers are being lined up at the moment in L1 and L2 as the budgeting for next season must be so much up in the air.

Player
Manager
John King
There is surely a possibility any of last season’s loanees could return next season. I doubt many transfers are being lined up at the moment in L1 and L2 as the budgeting for next season must be so much up in the air.
Yes, I am sure that is true although I think Vaughan is more likely to return than Woodyard.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
first decision will be who to offer contracts too of those who will be out of contract,.then depending on what is agreed with those players we will.look.to see who we can afford to bring in.

Player
aldo
so now the riverhill is closing to non-guests permanently and is to be used for player and student acc until they decide what to do with it. shame this virus is a tw@t

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
so now the riverhill is closing to non-guests permanently and is to be used for player and student acc until they decide what to do with it. shame this virus is a tw@t
That is bad news. Wonder if it will end up getting replaced by housing.

Player
Manager
John King
Woodyard has been released by Peterborough and is available to somebody (though probably not us).

drwhoman

I would say he will get a league 1 team easily.
You are probably right bigmart but the market might be limited given that many clubs are now allegedly very poor! I think that many players are going to have to adjust their future financial expectations!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Such a shame about the recent loanees as they were starting to gel nicely.