• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Reading between the lines, Mark has planned for life in League Two but has certainly not accepted the situation and is considering his options.
I don't know on what basis exactly the legal challenge could be made. Possibly it was the vote to change the EFL regulations about clubs not being relegated if the season is not finished. It seems strange that such a fundamental rule like that could be changed in mid-season.
I think it will be the fact that clubs were allowed to vote to change the rules mid season, while knowing what the outcome would be for each club individually. That runs against any sense of fair competition. Any decision which had such negative consequences for a minority of clubs should have been made by the EFL board or an independent body.

He can also point to the flawed process. The time that was wasted by the EFL that removed the possibility of the season being completed, the failure to allow sufficient time for alternatives to be considered and the railroading through of their own proposal. Clubs were effectively told which option to vote for before any alternative plans had been submitted.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The Peterborough reaction.

The video embedded in this article is well worth the 10 minutes spent watching it. Essentially, it's Mark talking about the club. He is tight lipped about taking legal action. My take is that he will if enough clubs share the legal costs. Apart from Peterborough, I don't know how many other clubs would.

Player
Manager
John King
The video embedded in this article is well worth the 10 minutes spent watching it. Essentially, it's Mark talking about the club. He is tight lipped about taking legal action. My take is that he will if enough clubs share the legal costs. Apart from Peterborough, I don't know how many other clubs would.
That interview is from several days ago. In his statement on the website tonight, MP implied he could take legal action.

drwhoman

The thoughts of Chairman Parry who reckons that the EFL have a 200m financial hole to deal with before September. From the BBC website -

"Three teams, including Tranmere, go down to League Two.

Parry rejected the suggestion Tranmere have been relegated by an arbitrary process.

"They have been undermined by the virus, rather than process," he said.

Drivel is the best description.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Peterborough said last week that they would not mount a legal challenge.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The thoughts of Chairman Parry who reckons that the EFL have a 200m financial hole to deal with before September. From the BBC website -

"Three teams, including Tranmere, go down to League Two.

Parry rejected the suggestion Tranmere have been relegated by an arbitrary process.

"They have been undermined by the virus, rather than process," he said.

Drivel is the best description.
I think you are being very kind to Mr Parry. I’d use stronger language.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Peterborough said last week that they would not mount a legal challenge.
There is a big difference between our position and Peterborough’s. As things stand, a successful legal action would save us from certain relegation. However, in Peterborough’s case it would only at best give them a chance to compete in an extended play-off competition of about eight teams, giving them a very small chance of promotion.
Sadly, I think we are the club worst affected by PPG in terms of our potential to avoid relegation if the season had continued.

Player
Manager
John King
I said a few weeks ago that I had heard that we had an option to sign James Vaughan and I read today that we have a similar option to sign Cook.

It will obviously be difficult for the club to decide whether to mount legal action, if it prevents us from signing players of the quality of those above. A very strong League Two squad would be some compensation for expulsion from League One.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I said a few weeks ago that I had heard that we had an option to sign James Vaughan and I read today that we have a similar option to sign Cook.

It will obviously be difficult for the club to decide whether to mount legal action, if it prevents us from signing players of the quality of those above. A very strong League Two squad would be some compensation for expulsion from League One.
where did you hear about Vaughan and cook ? I would be very happy if we were to sign them both although it won't sum the anger and frustration of yesterday's decision.

Player
Manager
John King
where did you hear about Vaughan and cook ? I would be very happy if we were to sign them both although it won't sum the anger and frustration of yesterday's decision.
I had only heard about Vaughan but that was obviously before we were expelled.

Woodyard wished us good luck on Twitter today, which suggests he is leaving. He is too good for League Two but a major frustration of yesterday is losing players with genuine quality.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Taking legal action against the EFL would be a big gamble because presumably the loser would pay the costs of both sides and I expect the EFL would put the boat out to hire the best briefs. MP would need help. There is a crowd fund in operation, but that might not raise anything like enough.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I had only heard about Vaughan but that was obviously before we were expelled.

Woodyard wished us good luck on Twitter today, which suggests he is leaving. He is too good for League Two but a major frustration of yesterday is losing players with genuine quality.
I would think we may not be able to afford some of the players we wanted to bring in and some of the players we wanted to keep. Some interesting decisions ahead.

drwhoman

Personally we just have to move on. As has been said legal action, with a questionable outcome, would be very expensive. The whole thing would deflect us from the challenges of what will be a difficult 21-22 for football generally and would be cash perhaps better spent on developing the strongest team possible. We can best maintain the rage by taking it out on the other clubs in L2.
As for Parry BBTC, I have dark thoughts about the likes of Trump and Murdoch. Parry has now joined that select group!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Feel free to send them your thoughts. Some supporters have asked for Wembley refunds seeing as it was all for nothing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There's a very terse statement on the o/s saying 20 people will be made redundant from the end of July.