• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

ADD

Player
Norwood
I read that also - it was a bit of a click bait article I felt but I suspect there may be an element of pushing for something to be done (financial I assume) or I guess if there are ongoing discussions witrh Posh, Ipswich etc...
Legall;y the Artciles of Association are a dodg' breakfgast - specifically they carve out the nmormnal Company Law regulations. What they have done as I understand it is bring forward a special resolution that is justified on "
Interestingly given how long the EFL faffed on FFP and Bury etc. they filed the amendment to the Articles of Association Wednesday!!

drwhoman

I have faith that Mark and Nicola will take a calm, considered and rationale decision. I am not sure that is legal action. Most L1 and L2 clubs will be under huge financial pressure and there would be little value in an expensive legal action with a very limited chance of success.

I found the attached article interesting.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
there would be little value in an expensive legal action with a very limited chance of success.
I do not believe they would financially risk legal action if they did not have a good case (if indeed that is what happens).

drwhoman

I take your point Ian, but please forgive me for perhaps stating the obvious, it is not all about having a good case, it is a question as to whether we could financially outlast the EFL who, as I think someone on the blog suggested before, would throw the best legal people available at the case and it would be very very expensive with no certainty of success however good we feel our case might be. Annoying I know!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am sure we will only take legal action if there is a realistic chance of winning, which might just mean receiving compensation. We will take legal soundings before we act.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have faith that Mark and Nicola will take a calm, considered and rationale decision. I am not sure that is legal action. Most L1 and L2 clubs will be under huge financial pressure and there would be little value in an expensive legal action with a very limited chance of success.

I found the attached article interesting.
An interesting article. If we do by some miracle stay in League One, I sincerely hope it is not because another club has folded like Bury.

ADD

Player
Norwood
An interesting article. If we do by some miracle stay in League One, I sincerely hope it is not because another club has folded like Bury.
I am struggling I have to confess to being as charitable as you given how many of a "fellow" L1 clubs shafted us despite little/ zero negative financial impact on themselves...
I would suggest that the EFL should be getting ahead of the game and verifying that all clubs will have the funds to complete at the very least next season - makes no sense having shafted us to then have next L1 season ruined by 4 or 5 clubs guaranteed to be relegated by being docked 30 points for going into liquidation whilst we have been dumped.
Then again when I wake up from my dreaming......

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I am struggling I have to confess to being as charitable as you given how many of a "fellow" L1 clubs shafted us despite little/ zero negative financial impact on themselves...
I would suggest that the EFL should be getting ahead of the game and verifying that all clubs will have the funds to complete at the very least next season - makes no sense having shafted us to then have next L1 season ruined by 4 or 5 clubs guaranteed to be relegated by being docked 30 points for going into liquidation whilst we have been dumped.
Then again when I wake up from my dreaming......
What goes around comes around.

Player
Manager
John King
Hearts have confirmed they are taking legal action against the SPL.

If a League One club that voted to relegate us got into financial problems, my sympathy would be limited.

Player
Manager
John King
There is a new statement on the website by MP who states that 'all options remain open' and emphasises that we have watched events in France and Belgium with interest.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I cannot see the decision being overturned especially as the league 2 play offs start shortly, we may get compensation out of it but I think that will be it.

Player
Manager
John King
Unless or until the case gets to court, we have no idea what will happen. I would assume the French First Division was certain its decision would not be overturned.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Unless or until the case gets to court, we have no idea what will happen. I would assume the French First Division was certain its decision would not be overturned.
the French are talking about restructuring their league's whilst we are not. Whatever happens if we go down the legal route then it won't be quick.

Player
Manager
John King
the French are talking about restructuring their league's whilst we are not. Whatever happens if we go down the legal route then it won't be quick.
The proposed restructure had nothing to do with the legal case as far as I understand it. The judge simply ruled that the relegations were unlawful.

drwhoman

Hearts have started legal action in Scotland after a proposal to expand the size of their Premier League was rejected. The situation is different up there of course. There is not so much money swilling around and they may have more leverage. As I have said before, the EFL would give its lawyers a big pay day to knock us back. They would simply argue that the decision was too important to change and that it was arrived at democratically.We were outvoted full stop. We can but wait and see!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
My argument would be that we started the season with a set of rules that stated if the season was unable to complete, it would be void (or words to that effect). Surely the EFL cannot change this half way through the season to suit (voting aside).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
My argument would be that we started the season with a set of rules that stated if the season was unable to complete, it would be void (or words to that effect). Surely the EFL cannot change this half way through the season to suit (voting aside).
So when was the last time the football authorities listened to reason and fairness?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I cannot see the decision being overturned especially as the league 2 play offs start shortly, we may get compensation out of it but I think that will be it.
For us to get any benefit out of legal proceedings, we would have to "win" and win "quickly". The longer it drags out, the less time we will have to prepare for whatever division we are in. Meanwhile, what budget will Micky have and which players will he be able to sign? Mark will have to make assumptions about the playing budget as soon as a date is announced for the new season to start. It's a real mess.