• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimps (1) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Morecambe

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shrimps (1) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
The Mazuma Mobile Stadium
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Aside from a protective midfielder in Walker, it doesn’t feel like much has changed.
I don’t get why Sam Taylor has been given so little opportunity by Adkins, though if there’s only space for one forward on the bench, then Jolley makes sense for an away game. Always thought Apter would be a sub to be brought on, rather than a starter.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
What is frustrating is that I like many of the SWA thought our defensive spine this season with McGee, Davies and Turnbull would be good. The latter was in team of the year at Salford and did well last season overall. Davies was good too and as RLC says it was our poor goal scoring record that caused us problems. Our defence was decent.

Turnbull was rumoured to want to leave at one point and you wonder if he still does. Perhaps with Davies he’s suffering under the pressure of being captain. Who knows really, but it needs sorting out as they are still our best two centre halves.
Exactly. The defence is not what it was in terms of performance or personnel. That's why I don't think having only LOC with any defensive credentials, supported by Hendry and a couple of creative wide midfielders is enough this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
An I.T related question. Can I watch ifollow on my Tv or does it have to be on say a laptop or tablet?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Another baffling selection, I can't see anything other than yet another loss

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Aside from a protective midfielder in Walker, it doesn’t feel like much has changed.
I don’t get why Sam Taylor has been given so little opportunity by Adkins, though if there’s only space for one forward on the bench, then Jolley makes sense for an away game. Always thought Apter would be a sub to be brought on, rather than a starter.
I know what you mean Boz about Apter but surely you reward a young player who comes off the bench and does well, and set up Connors goal v Donny, with a start? Otherwise what must his parent club think? Especially as Hawkes and Saunders have been poor of late.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
With Morecambe's formation as advertised, I think that, that is why Walker is back in, but he will have to be everywhere if we are a 4-3-3. And if we are, their midfield will swamp ours. And leave our full backs exposed.
Can we handle Michael Mellon?

I'm not going to say, would it be karma, if he scored?

Gonna be a long two hours!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I know what you mean Boz about Apter but surely you reward a young player who comes off the bench and does well, and set up Connors goal v Donny, with a start? Otherwise what must his parent club think? Especially as Hawkes and Saunders have been poor of late.
I’m guessing it’s partly about physical presence and tracking back in an away game Sparky. If we’d been playing at home would have been a harder call and short of enforced substitutions, I’d expect Rob to get some game time

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Looks like the 3 up top are Dennis central with Morris to the right and Saunders on the left

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A bright start so far. Hendry much better as an advanced midfielder

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wood caught out but Morecambe finish poorly from the pull back

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McGee with a great save from a short distance

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
0-0 half time. Overall defensively good apart from a couple of moments. Wood still concerns me.

Not offered much up front and Dennis still not suited to that central role. Hopefully Walker who has been effective can last the distance. One negative was Jennings being booked for a dive.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Suckered in by Adams unless subs change things will lose on counter attack

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
2 poor teams so far, game is there to be won as they are not up to much, a niggly half.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Played quite well until the last ten minutes, when the hosts seemed to step up a gear. Bookings a concern too. Mckiernan gunning for Hendry after an incident on the goal line, didn’t care clearly. Saunders been quiet since that early knock and Rovers barely had a goal attempt worthy of the name. Feel Nigel needs to make some adjustments now.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Changes made which are a bit strange as we’re doing ok. Apter on for injured Morris ok but Lewis on for Walker who didn’t look impressed