• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v the Colchester

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bit of a throwback to the “good old days” that, performance wise and the place was bouncing. Long may it continue. Shame that some cognitively challenged idiots decided to stone the Colchester supporters coach.
Disappointing to hear about the coach but I’m not surprised. There was a lot of idiots in the kop tonight

Player
aldo
7 clean sheets in 13 games but we have failed to score in 6 games so the Improvement over the last month has been amazing not being greedy but it would be good to have a few games where we could score 4 or more

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's quite incredible that we've only conceded four goals in 11 games. What a mean defence and I agree with @overthewater regarding Davies. He seems to get better with every game. Also, is Clarke now our top scorer? :D

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It's quite incredible that we've only conceded four goals in 11 games. What a mean defence and I agree with @overthewater regarding Davies. He seems to get better with every game. Also, is Clarke now our top scorer? :D
He is far superior to Monthe, Nelson, Ray, or Ellis in my view.

Clarke is top scorer in the league, joint top with Foley in all competitions.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The turning point seems to have been the Leeds game. Since then, we have scored 6 in 4 league games although three have been at home. However, we only managed 55 league goals last season (less than 1.2 per game). I am confident we will beat that this season. It's startling that half of our league goals have come from our centre-backs and only one has been scored by a forward, but this will change.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds like a solid performance when we were rarely troubled. Good win and continuing progress.

RLC asks do we expect anything less (than being near the top) under Micky? There were some concerns with our slow start. Of the deadline day signings, it’s only really Josh Hawkes who has made a significant impact so far, not that the others won’t come into the picture. It seems that it was more a question of having time for all the new recruits to get use to each other and Micky. The only thing that troubles me a bit is we’ve a squad top heavy with strikers, yet actually playing a lone striker. Can’t see Glatzel staying the full season and the youngsters will go; surprised Jolley not loaned out by now.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree to an extent regarding the striker situation. However, Maynard will come into the picture if we are forced to change shape and Walker looks like he has something to offer once filly fit.

Elsewhere, the squad looks very strong.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Poor performance that only scoring 2.... we need to be far more clinical:(
Seriously that second half performance was the best we have played in quite some time although yes we should have scored more. To think Colchester had not lost away. BBC Essex who I listened to whilst watching the game on IFollow were very fair in their assessment that we were simply much better than them.
I thought every player was good today. Morris who I have never been one of his biggest fans I have to admit is back to his best, McManaman is simply better than this level - what a lovely little dinked cross for Clarke's goal and credit to him his fitness is so much better now while Spearing and Clarke prove age is just a number. Agree with RLC also that Davies is streets ahead of Monthe quality wise. If he was still here we wouldn't be able to play it around the back so comfortably. The difference however from earlier in the season is we are now not passing it around for the sake of it - we are retaining posession and waiting for the run and runs are coming - Hawkes is starting to really look like he will be an influential player for us and will score a good number of goals whilst Foley did well but if anything is the player most likely in danger of losing his spot now as to have Merrie on the bench shows how well we are playing.
The damage to their coach is poor and reflects badly on the Club plus the ballboy who at the end refused to give the ball to Jasper and got him a booking. Yes he shouldn't have grabbed the lad but I trust he won't be used again. Not a good look.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree with most of your comments, but I don't think Foley is in any danger of losing his place. He has been a revelation.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I agree with most of your comments, but I don't think Foley is in any danger of losing his place. He has been a revelation.
I didn't mean he would or should lose his place just that of those starting in midfield he was the least influential I felt.
The good news for us and MM is that someone as good as Merrie can't get in the team!

Player
Manager
John King
I thought he was as good as anybody last night to be honest. The amount of running he does with and without the ball is incredible, and is not necessarily picked up by the camera. It is intelligent running too, not like a headless chicken, and is important to the tempo of the play.

I think Watson is still ahead of Merrie in the pecking order, but yes, the squad is very strong in midfield.

... plus the ballboy who at the end refused to give the ball to Jasper and got him a booking. Yes he shouldn't have grabbed the lad but I trust he won't be used again. Not a good look.
I doubt that ball boy will be back. After the game Jasper came over to him, looked like he wanted to just have a calming word. The ball boy and his two mates just brushed him off, laughing their heads off, before goading the away fans as they were making their way off the pitch. Last I saw, the police and stewards were having a rather sterner word with him.

None of which detracts from a most enjoyable night at PP, though.

Player
aldo
can imagine the fun that will be getting pocked at the Forwards in Training this week that a 40-year-old Defender is top of the leader board

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Clarke seems to get better and better with age.