• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v the Colchester

Player
aldo
also, it is great to have an outfield Captain, who is driving the team to new Levels, and leading from the front, think the club needs to Talk to the Ballboys and girls they cant be pissing around like the kids at the away end did

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Thanks for the reports guys. It sounds like another impressive performance. I'm delighted that MM seems to have found a formation that suits this group of players so quickly. Also it seems like we can select the same personnel both home and away.

Player
aldo
so when Scotty comes back MM has a big decision to make keep Clarke as captain or give it back to Scotty D, but I can,t see him getting any games with the form of the two lads now it is going to be hard for him

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Swindon leapfrog us by one point, but it is probably a good result as it keeps the top of the table congested and proves that FGR are not invincible.

Swindon are probably the best team I have seen so far, other than ourselves. They struggled for goals a few weeks ago, but have now started hitting the net with greater frequency.

Player
Manager
John King
A decent set of results that leaves us in fifth place, only one point off the auto places.

Carlisle were thumped 3-0 by struggling Bristol Rovers and are in freefall. We should be targeting three points there next Saturday, ahead of a crunch game at Harrogate the following Tuesday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was thinking about our squad and how last night, 3 players on long term loans weren’t even on the bench. Ok OConnor probably would have been but glatzel and Walker must surely be on their way back to their parent clubs soon unless they start featuring which I just can’t see

Player
Manager
John King
I think Walker has been struggling for fitness and will have a part to play. He was impressive on Tuesday night.

I agree about Glatzel. I don't see how he fits our style of play and he is way off it at the moment.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think Walker has been struggling for fitness and will have a part to play. He was impressive on Tuesday night.

I agree about Glatzel. I don't see how he fits our style of play and he is way off it at the moment.
There was talk of Walker having a niggle at the endvof the Salford game the other night

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A decent set of results that leaves us in fifth place, only one point off the auto places.

Carlisle were thumped 3-0 by struggling Bristol Rovers and are in freefall. We should be targeting three points there next Saturday, ahead of a crunch game at Harrogate the following Tuesday.
A goal away would be a start

Player
aldo
if we keep playing the same way as the last few games not many teams will be able to live with us especially when the forward line starts clicking

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Couldn’t have really asked for a better set of results; we’re in joint fourth, not fifth ;)
Surely our first away goal and victory at Carlisle next week, cue 1-0 defeat!
Tempted to make the trip, but would mean a week of being nice to the wife so not sure it’s worth it!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thought Nevitt showed some signs of improvement last night. Like any striker he’ll be judged on goals but he won a lot of headers and his hold up play and lay offs were very good

drwhoman

There was an article in the Liverpool Echo the other day in which Glatzel acknowledged that he was not finding things easy but that he was grateful for the support from Liverpool and Rovers. To be frank, I am not sure why Rovers signed him. Maybe to maintain the Club relationship as he is simply not relevant to a team playing a lone striker which is why’s he ended up on the left.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With the players recruited I’m unsure the original plan was to go down the lone striker route. Glatzel might have worked in a two but we didn’t really try that in pre-season.

Unsure what significance you can attach to today’s results, which muddy the waters as to who our rivals for the automatic spots are. Just hope Rovers keep winning our own games