• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v the Colchester

Player
aldo
I am looking to this first game in 3 years for me with 1 thing and another, united are unbeaten away from home but we are doing alright at home, and goals coming from all areas if Nevitt can start getting some goals we will be in a good place I am going for 3-1

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
First home game I miss this season as a weekend in Wales, think we will win going for 2 0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I can't wait for this game. An in-form Rovers under the lights at Prenton Park on a Friday night. What could be better ?

Colchester are in poor form and are currently winless in three, but have a much better squad on paper than last season, featuring Freddie Sears, Alan Judge and Charlie Daniels among others.

As for ourselves, I think the only change will be MacDonald replacing Merrie at left back. It will be more interesting to see who makes the bench, as several players staked a claim for a first team place on Tuesday night, even Mani and Maguire.

A win will take us to third or fourth position and the thick of the promotion race, such as it is at this stage of the season.

Prediction: a Rovers victory in front of a 7,000 plus gate.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can't wait for this game. An in-form Rovers under the lights at Prenton Park on a Friday night. What could be better ?
Absolutely nothing!
I love the Fri night games and it's been a long wait.

Rovers are in good form now and seem to be getting more confident each week. I think we'll win this one 2-0 with another Clarkey header to finish it off nicely.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
After a tough couple of weeks with covid in the household I'm looking forward to tonight. Despite their poor form Colchester will be no pushovers and we can’t rely on Clarke every week so time for Nevitt and others to get on the scoresheet again.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
First home game I miss this season as a weekend in Wales, think we will win going for 2 0
Likewise, although not in Wales and no intention of rocking up @bigmart ! If we play as we have done in the last 2 home league games we'll be alright and 2-0 would do nicely. Since both clubs need to agree to a Friday night fixture, I wonder why Colchester have agreed? It's a bloody long journey and I can't see what the benefit is to their club, team or fans. I wonder if we'd agree to a Friday night away down there?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think the Friday night was Colchester’s suggestion, they don’t need to have an overnight stop with evening game was mentioned?

I’m also in Wales this weekend and will miss the game. Unsure what to expect, but would be hopeful after recent decent results. The key questions are who replaces Mcmanaman if unfit and who’s on the bench. I would take Macdonald returning as read.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Going to be an empty stadium if it’s anything to go by with the attendance on here :)
There’ll be three from my family there; tried to make it four but my bluenose eldest son’s having none of it (failed as a father!).
Looking forward to it, particularly with our recent improvement in form and results. Could potentially end up in the auto promotion places if we bag a few, but that’s wishful thinking. Still, I think we will win by the odd goal and that’ll do for me.
See you there chaps, well some of you ✌️

Player
aldo
i cant go after buying the fkn ticket I've hurt my fkn stupid fkn bastard fkn leg and can't walk ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Sad
Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's easy to make the case for a win, given current form and the optimism on this site. It's certainly not a home banker, but now we are starting to score goals (albeit from defenders and midfielders), I'm confident of a 2-0. The way we recovered after Crawley's equaliser speaks volumes for the team spirit and belief Micky has instilled.

Player
aldo
looking at the 2 touch shooting drill on y tube it is no wonder we can,t score much, the finishing is shocking

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
looking at the 2 touch shooting drill on y tube it is no wonder we can,t score much, the finishing is shocking
Most of the goals lately have been headers!
Shocking! That vid is why we are struggling still with our attacking options.

0-0 wouldn't shock me! Three points would be perfect.

I am not in Wales!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As RLC said the bench would be interesting and no places for midweek scorer Walker. Glatzel or big Mani