• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v 'Ammies'

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Salford

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I thought it was a red his studs were up which was what their red was for.

Goallllllllllll

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They should be down to 9 Lowe booked when was high challenge.
We are playing some really good football, a bit more composure with final ball and finishing this could be emphatic

Player
aldo
6 goals in a week and a few scorers well happy I said we would have a good day the longer it goes on the better

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good win, will await the reports and highlights with interest.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There are so many positives to take from that performance, which was absolute night and day from what we have seen recently.

A lot of credit has to go to Micky for the formation and team selection. We set up in a 4411 with Foley playing just behind Nevitt, and looked balanced and fluid in attack from the first minute. There was far more dynamism and imagination in the attacking areas with Morris and Hawkes both in advanced positions, and MacManaman also put in his best display to date and was unplayable at times in the first half. MacDonald was very good and gave us the natural balance down the left that we have been lacking, and both full backs were a threat going forward.

There were so many good individual displays that there were seven or eight man of the match candidates, but I thought the players mentioned were outstanding, plus Nevitt whose hold up play was fantastic. I was delighted he got his goal, which was a real poacher's effort at the near post. I am sure he is going to make the grade with us. As Sparky says, the performance of Sam Foley also deserves a mention, as he was fantastic at both ends of the pitch, and was very unlucky to have his disallowed goal chalked off after a great ball from MacManaman.

Salford were generally mediocre, but we were slightly more vulnerable on the break with a back four, as would be expected, and when called upon Doohan again showed he is a very capable keeper.

We looked like we could score with every attack today, which is a huge contrast to most recent displays, and with Nevitt, Maynard and Foley among the goals, and Hawkes, Morris and MacManaman always a threat around the box, our attacking options suddenly seem a lot better.

I agreed with the sponsor's choice of Kieran Morris mana of the match, as he was fantastic creatively and defensively.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Couldn’t agree more with RLC. First half we were really good with mcmanaman and cogley causing havoc down the right especially.
Foley was getting forward and hawkes looked dangerous.
Definetly a penalty from my view in the kop but I missed their red card. Spearing was a bit daft giving the ref the opportunity to even it up with one of his whole hearted tackles right on half time.
Second half great work from Morris saw nevitt head home.
They then had some possession and credit to mickey for switching to 5 at the back which gave us more of the ball and we managed the game well.
As RLC says lots of good performances but Foley was my MOM - all over the pitch making important tackles and blocks and being a goal threat.
The question is can we play like that more often? A tough trip to forest green up next

Player
ian goodison
much much better no square pegs in round holes, we looked like a football team today horrible team Salford as others have said spearing was a bit naïve with his tackle as the ref seemed intent on evening things up too many players deserved MOM but the 2 full backs + foley were class today, made up with nevitt,s goal love the way he takes no s**t

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant game today, all of them worked hard for each other and we finally look like a team! Let's hope we can build on this now. I was delighted for Nevitt getting a goal, he deserved it as he was superb today. We have still only conceded three this season so if we can start clicking like we did today, we might come good. Shame Feeney missed some golden opportunities at the end, the scoreline would have reflected the game.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
3 points, clean sheet, and a good balanced performance.
So many had a good game, for a change.
It was really pleasing to see.
MOM Kieron. His best game for a while.
Long may it continue!

The phone chat I had with MM last night has obviously made a difference!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it was a red his studs were up which was what their red was for.
I would have to see a replay, but it was right in front of me in the JK Stand and I don't think his studs were up, nor did he leave the ground. Forceful and a possible yellow, but not a red card for me.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not a red for me but it was fairly inevitable once their lad was sent off that the ref would even it up and their lads would surround the ref at any hint of a bad tackle. Disappointed at spearing for not realising that, but OConnor will do a decent job as cover

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just caught the very brief highlights.

Morris' penalty wasn't the best, only just crept in.

The Toure red card seemed blatant. The Spearing one I'm less convinced, but there's enough there to give the officials something to think about.

Nevitt finished his first FL goal well, good set up by Morris.