• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v 'Ammies'

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Salford

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Was there any comment from MM about the lack of a reserve keeper? Would be interested to know if it was an enforced decision or a risk worth taking assessment. Warnock used to do without quite regularly when managing the Blades, but Jagielka got quite competent at being their stand-in. Don’t think we’ve got a Higgy type in our squad any more.

Player
aldo
god to hear MM praising the players some more than others, GOGLY-MACCA-and Foly, also high Praise for Daws & Parky for working with Nevitt making him better at getting in behind the defense

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Salford charged with failing to control their players

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good, they were a disgrace.

drwhoman

Good, they were a disgrace.
Yes. It was clear only from the brief highlights that they were on a mission after the Spearing tackle. They really confronted the referee quite aggressively. He weakened as a result.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Pleasantly surprised by that, as it is not often that action is taken.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Amazing recovery there.. :mad:
Love the tweet though.

drwhoman

Amazing recovery there.. :mad:
Love the tweet though.

Yes. The ref was conned. Doubt if Jay will get off though. Too much of a line ball decision apart from the aggressive behavior from Salford. Perhaps Gary and his mates ought to have a word with their team!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'm rather surprised that Spearing has had his red card overturned

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
They should show trainee referees the footage of that to teach them that they don’t have to even red cards up even if the opposition are naturally putting a lot of pressure on them to do it.

Thankfully it didn’t cost us the 3 points

drwhoman

I am surprised but pleased. I suspect that the actions of the Salford players including the ‘victim’ must have contributed to the decision and the fact that Salford have now been charged.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They should show trainee referees the footage of that to teach them that they don’t have to even red cards up even if the opposition are naturally putting a lot of pressure on them to do it.

Thankfully it didn’t cost us the 3 points
The thing is the ref didn't rush into making the decision, he spoke to the assistant first before brandishing the red card

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I’d say the assistant made the decision, he was right on top of it and still got it wrong! I think a lot of these decisions are based around the OTT reactions from players. Something the game could do without.