• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Play-offs??? What play-offs? We are in an auto-matic spot so the matter is in our own hands, c'mon Boz let's be positive....SWA
Top 3 is well up for grabs, we usually under Micky come on stronger in the second half of the season and I am confident we will do so again

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Otis Khan turned down an extension at Walsall and is going to Orient

Player
aldo
the problem with them is all the players going there are going for big money or better money than most LG 2 clubs can afford, so they want the money but prob don't give a toss for the club or the fans most clubs have players who really care and give a toss we have a fair few who do and not like last season when most of the team did not give a FK

drwhoman

Interesting to see that MM’s son Michael played for Burnley Youth team the other night. They lost 1-4 to Liverpool who have greater resources of course.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Otis Khan leaves Walsall and signs an 18 month deal at Leyton Orient

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lucas Akins signs for Mansfield. A very good signing for them.
Indeed a very good signing. Had a great career at Burton and at 32 has done well getting a two and a half year deal at the stags. They will have their eyes on the top 3 I’m sure

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Akins seemed to have fallen out of favour at Burton recently, wonder why that was. Still a lot to offer, will be interesting to see how he fares.

Player
ian goodison
wouldn't,have said no to akins here to be honest certainly a step up from feeney although will be on a good wage no doubt

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Never rated Akins, I thought he was pretty terrible when he played for us.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Never rated Akins, I thought he was pretty terrible when he played for us.
Yes he didn’t do much. One of those who didn’t look like a striker or a winger - but something in between. He’s actually played in every position in his 7 years at Burton except for in goal

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I thought Akins was ok and we probably didn't get the best out of him. Fonners continually hoofing the ball to him in the air on the left wing always struck me as a slightly odd tactic!