• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mitch Duggan and Evans Gumbs both on the scoresheet for warrington today

Reactions: Boz

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A great comeback from 0-3 down by Morecambe to defeat Doncaster. A brace for Stockton. What a fantastic season he is having!

Reactions: Ian

ADD

Player
Norwood
A great comeback from 0-3 down by Morecambe to defeat Doncaster. A brace for Stockton. What a fantastic season he is having!
Good on him - 15 goals in a struggling team is a superb first half of the season at any level.

Talk on twitter of offers coming in for him in the transfer window and him being "expensive" - I assume that relates to the fact that when he signed his new contract with Morecambe there was a clause allowing him to go for a set fee?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully he can get some game time in his twilight years. He joins ex rovers Neil Danns and ex loanee Alex Bruce

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Still can’t quite understand why we signed him.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, for many years they played in the Cheshire League with Rovers Reserves. I never went to Moss Rose, but I think I saw them play at PP.

Those were the days. Rovers had a reserve team, an A team (third team) and I think even a B team. Youth players and seasoned pros played together. We had a massive squad, but of course Fourth Division wages in those days were peanuts. We had a decent youth set up, which produced the likes of Alan King, Joe Pritchard and Roy McFarland.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ollie Banks on target again as ten-man Barrow equalise three times but go down 5-4 AET at Barnsley.

drwhoman

Yes, for many years they played in the Cheshire League with Rovers Reserves. I never went to Moss Rose, but I think I saw them play at PP.

Those were the days. Rovers had a reserve team, an A team (third team) and I think even a B team. Youth players and seasoned pros played together. We had a massive squad, but of course Fourth Division wages in those days were peanuts. We had a decent youth set up, which produced the likes of Alan King, Joe Pritchard and Roy McFarland.
Thanks BBTC. Some great players fondly remembered! As time has passed, the top clubs have hoovered up all the best players at an earlier age which has not always been to either Tranmere or the individual’s benefit. How many players come out of the third or fourth tiers to play in the PL now?
Do you remember Derek Kevan, West Brom and England striker? I saw him playing for Macc. Wiki tells me it was 68! He only played a few games. A time when aging top players still needed money! No Porches and flats on the Algarve back then!

ADD

Player
Norwood
Says it all, I'm afraid. Five steps down the pyramid, although to a phoenix club with a lot of backing.
Had several offers at much higher levels according to Macclesfield but is using this opportunity to finalise his coaching badges so likely involved in the coaching set up also.
Sensible move in that respect .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ash Taylor leaves Walsall and joins Scottish championship side Kilmarnock managed by his old Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Ash Taylor leaves Walsall and joins Scottish championship side Kilmarnock managed by his old Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes
Straight into the team tonight at Partick - live on Sportscene (BBC Scotland).