• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Shaun Jeffers scores his eighteenth goal of the season for St Albans to knock Forest Green out of the FA Cup. :D
He has been prolific whenever he has played in National League South, but has hardly scored in several seasons at higher levels. So I think we did well steering clear.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
Wrexham until end of season - can sign for them now? -Free accommodation with Mullin sweetens the deal further;)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Wrexham could afford his wages and could sign him now, but would they want him and would he want to drop two leagues? Hopefully, Micky has already expressed an interest in signing him on loan in January, but we may be outbid by other clubs who could afford to pay a bigger proportion of his wages. Putting the boat out and loaning him for a few months could mean the difference between automation promotion and another year in League Two, so I hope we do all we can to get him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Surely he wouldn’t go to Wrexham. Despite his indiscretions he’d easily have league two clubs queuing up to take him on loan with a view to a permanent move if it worked out. Yes Wrexham have the cash to match his wages but I’m sure some other teams would.
For us it would be low risk depending on the wage situation. If he came back and hardly played and was a shadow of what we remember then we’re not committed to anything. But I still think Micky would maybe get the best out of him and give the love he needs.

drwhoman

Surely he wouldn’t go to Wrexham. Despite his indiscretions he’d easily have league two clubs queuing up to take him on loan with a view to a permanent move if it worked out. Yes Wrexham have the cash to match his wages but I’m sure some other teams would.
For us it would be low risk depending on the wage situation. If he came back and hardly played and was a shadow of what we remember then we’re not committed to anything. But I still think Micky would maybe get the best out of him and give the love he needs.
Fair comment but who would have thought Mullin would go to Wrexham? The old hard earned and this could be attractive to James. Anyway, let us hope we get him back on, as Sparky has said, as a low risk.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You would think Norwood would have better offers geographically; there are enough L1/2 teams in the SE that he was so keen to get back to or financially; a moneybags NL side could put together a decent package. A return to the Wirral seems unlikely, though not impossible. If by January our current strike force haven't clicked then it would be good to get another forward in. What we don't need is a repeat of the McNulty situation, where everyone though he was coming until he headed to Scotland and we ended up with a squad player then a development player leading the line. I'll celebrate Nors return when there's a picture of him wearing the latest shirt and shaking Micky's hand on the website.

drwhoman

Just out of interest. He may have been injured but I cannot see that McNulty has actually started in the SPL?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Just out of interest. He may have been injured but I cannot see that McNulty has actually started in the SPL?
Think he may have played a couple of games but is currently injured and out till around January

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While their ex-Rovers didn't score in normal time, Raven and Jay Devine converted penalties for Marine in their FA Trophy shoot-out win, while Jake Burton got Stalybridge Celtic's shoot-out winner.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It goes from bad to worse for Norwood. His house was broken into at the weekend with his Range Rover stolen and other things.