• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Paul Lewis with 2 Andy Cook with 1 so far
Lewis got a hat trick in the end, probably his first since he did the same against us for Macclesfield a few years ago.

He is limited on the ball, but he was always a threat breaking into the box.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ihiekwe got one for Rotherham in their 5-1 thumping of Sunderland, but Jonny Smith got sent off early for Burton

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Charlie Jolley came on as sub for Chester for last 30 mins at Southport. Soon joined by Darren Stephenson, meaning front 3 of Jolley, Stephenson and George Waring. None scored and none looked like scoring !

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Charlie Jolley came on as sub for Chester for last 30 mins at Southport. Soon joined by Darren Stephenson, meaning front 3 of Jolley, Stephenson and George Waring. None scored and none looked like scoring !
Did you go to the game overthewater?

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Yes I did. Quite impressed by Southport's Jordan Archer. Wasn't he linked with us at one time ?

Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes I did. Quite impressed by Southport's Jordan Archer. Wasn't he linked with us at one time ?
Yes, I think he was when he was with Chester and we were still in the NL. Thankfully, the move did not progress as his career has not developed since, despite having opportunities with EFL clubs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While he's been keen to get back closer to home, I'd have some doubts that's a good move for him, if it happens. He couldn't get Fylde into the FL when they were more of a stand-out money-bags team, there is a lot more competition from well-backed teams in the NL now. Think his CV would be more enhanced by keeping Pools in the FL, then looking for FL options at the end of the season

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Money talks. Good luck to him as they’ll be paying compensation and presumably are offering him a decent contract. They have a good squad but as we know it’s not easy to get out of that league

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shame, I thought he was doing a good job there.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not gone down well with Hartlepool as the approach was to his agent without first speaking to the club.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Its gonna happen one day. The average under current ownership is about fifteen months, so christmas next season, is possible for a change.......

But as always, money talks.

drwhoman

Interesting. With all the hype at Wrexham you wonder if they have missed a trick. Parkinson has not started the drive to the Premier League despite the money spent to date!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Stockport have had a decent squad for a while even before Sarcevic joined from notlob, but a strange previous appointment for manager. Challinor is a much better fit to get them out of the NL, but money isn’t everything in that league. Wrexham started from a lower baseline in terms of squad development though don’t expect their new owners to be that patient with Parkinson. Personally would rather the moneybags sides don’t get promoted, at least not until we’re back in L1.