• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
ian goodison
I know its hard for players who are on loan to shine but in some cases is it because they are no good or don't the managers want to give them a decent run? I know its a results business but looking at sam smith for example Cambridge must see something to give him a 2yr contract, saying that Stefan payne got a 2yr contract and look how that turned out,

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I know its hard for players who are on loan to shine but in some cases is it because they are no good or don't the managers want to give them a decent run? I know its a results business but looking at sam smith for example Cambridge must see something to give him a 2yr contract, saying that Stefan payne got a 2yr contract and look how that turned out,
Sometimes signings don't work out at a club for a number of reasons, Smith barely got look in for us and when he did ay done look much good but did a decent job as a target man for Cheltenham without scoring too many

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Craig Curran scores in Europe for connahs quay

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He was alleged to have a fall out with Micky, so may be wanting to do especially well against Rovers, but I agree with RLC’s sentiments above and hope Sid can get a decent run free from injuries.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, always gave his all for Rovers and that ticks the box for me. Good luck Sid.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ex rovers right back Robbie stockdale gets his first permanent managerial appointment at Rochdale. With that and the Wrexham job taken it doesn’t look like Keith hill be getting a job anytime soon