• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Two up and they were not in the game, and Jay in a moment of madness, got himself sent off.
I remember the lights going off and I didn't go to the replay cos of work.
I remember once, I think when that jockey was running things. We all met up in the pub up the road, and the young uns started ahead of the rest of us. A bunch of reprobates, sitting on the wall started winding the lads up. Just as it was about to get serious, we crossed the road where that stupid roundabout is and the cowards ran off. I think we were seated in the main stand, instead of the away goal end.
Magic Roundabout it's called, I would think that the council planners were on magic mushrooms!
Terrible place, I close my eyes and hope for the best, when I go round that roundabout, just like everyone else does.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Who knows how history might have been changed if those Swindon lights had stayed on. ;(

In other countries, abandoned games are restarted on a later date from the time of the stoppage. That is fairer, but I don't know how they persuade the fans to turn up for just 15 minutes of football if the match was abandoned after 75 minutes.
Three goals Aldo scored against them at their place and not one counted. Swindon would not have made the play offs, Tranmere would have won the play offs and gone into the the old first division, taking it by storm, becoming English champions, entering the European cup and becoming European champions, as well as winning the FA cup, League cup and the being champions again, and instead of being in league know we would have been English and European champions for the thirtieth time. If only Swindon had not turned those lights off, to save their season

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes a good move for him. Highly though of at crewe and a shame it didn’t work out for us. Hopefully Mani D will run rings round him!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cambridge have confirmed today that Paul Mullin has left the club after turning down their final contract offer. Not a surprise and will be interesting where he ends up

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Cambridge have confirmed today that Paul Mullin has left the club after turning down their final contract offer. Not a surprise and will be interesting where he ends up
[/QUOTE
Any chance of a return here?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
"Any chance of a return here?"

I would have thought practically zero. He will have turned down their offer knowing that there are better ones available to him elsewhere, and that won't be from us. I'm sure he will also be looking to move up from L2 level which would seem to rule out any L2 clubs, including us. All this leaving aside his limited game time when he was here making you wonder whether he would want to risk returning anyway and whether MM would want him; probably too many bridges burned. I think he'll end up at one of the larger L1 clubs and maybe even the Championship.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
"Any chance of a return here?"

I would have thought practically zero. He will have turned down their offer knowing that there are better ones available to him elsewhere, and that won't be from us. I'm sure he will also be looking to move up from L2 level which would seem to rule out any L2 clubs, including us. All this leaving aside his limited game time when he was here making you wonder whether he would want to risk returning anyway and whether MM would want him; probably too many bridges burned. I think he'll end up at one of the larger L1 clubs and maybe even the Championship.
To hanks ONIGP.
Such a pity, but plenty of good reasons preventing it. Just hoping for news of the experienced 15+ goals a season striker we all crave. Live in hope..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Danny Lloyd signs with Gillingham after turning down offers from several league 1 teams and us according to their site

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was a bit surprised about Lloyd until I realised Steve evans who had him at posh is in charge at priesfield. I would have kept Danny and interesting we did offer him a deal apparently. I think he ran out of steam in some games but did have his moments. Whether he is a league one player I’m not sure but good luck to him

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Speaking of managers signing ex players, Sutton sign Enzio Boldewijn who we were linked with

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Again no clues on length of contract. I don’t disagree with Sparky’s assessment of Danny Lloyd and will be interesting to see how he does down in Kent.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was happy to let Lloyd go, as he lacked quality for all his running around. I can't see him making it in League One in all honesty.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Left back Joe Maguire signs a one year deal. Former Accrington man and Liverpool youth player