• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pools promoted. Interesting to ponder what might had happened if Mellon had not become available given Challinor's buy-out clause related to a team in the league above.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great achievement by Challinor to take Hartlepool from the bottom half to promotion in eighteen months. It is Mellon v Challinor next season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Didn't see the game bur seen online the equaliser what a header

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Pleased for Dave, but we will be facing a lot of old boys in the dugout or on the pitch next season. Already, I can’t wait - at least once we have signed a couple of decent strikers and a wideman.

drwhoman

Well done Hartlepool although it sounds as if the ref wanted to be star of the show as some of them do! Needless to say, Torquay were not happy with him!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Rumours that John McGreal going to quit Swindon job, looks to be ownership issues

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There is a court case involving the current owner at Swindon, regarding ownership of the club. Couldn't blame John for leaving, it is a poison chalice there.

Swindle are the next Bury.
I fear you're right.

This has been brewing for a few months now and, although appointing McGreal might have hinted there was light at the end of the tunnel, his departing comments today suggest not.

Bloke I know who watches them occasionally reckons they'll go down again this season, probably with the aid of a points deduction. That's if they survive at all

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
I fear you're right.

This has been brewing for a few months now and, although appointing McGreal might have hinted there was light at the end of the tunnel, his departing comments today suggest not.

Bloke I know who watches them occasionally reckons they'll go down again this season, probably with the aid of a points deduction. That's if they survive at all
I have never forgiven Swindon, since the lights went out while Tranmere were winning 2 1 with Aldo sco0ring the two goals, they abandoned the game and after charging us a pound extra for our tickets, they gave us a voucher for a pound off a ticket for the replay, I refused to go for the replay, which if I remember rightly Swindon won 2 0, in the play offs at the end of the season, Tranmere played Swindon in the old second division play offs, Tranmere lost I think 2 0 after Aldo had a cracking goal disallowed, for reasons only known to the referee. That was the last time I set foot in Swindon`s ground. I only live about twenty miles from the ground and have to take my car there next Wednesday for a service and as I pass the ground, I will stick my fingers up to it as I go past.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I have never forgiven Swindon, since the lights went out while Tranmere were winning 2 1 with Aldo sco0ring the two goals, they abandoned the game and after charging us a pound extra for our tickets, they gave us a voucher for a pound off a ticket for the replay, I refused to go for the replay
Yes, I didn't go to the replay either, I was so angry! It only seems like yesterday..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Who knows how history might have been changed if those Swindon lights had stayed on. ;(

In other countries, abandoned games are restarted on a later date from the time of the stoppage. That is fairer, but I don't know how they persuade the fans to turn up for just 15 minutes of football if the match was abandoned after 75 minutes.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McGreal confirmed as leaving Swindon after a month in charge.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I have been to Swindon numerous times in the thirty years since that game, but still yet to see a victory. Our record there is appalling.

The closest we came was three years ago when we were two up after twenty minutes, and Harris was sent off. The rest was all too familiar.....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have been to Swindon numerous times in the thirty years since that game, but still yet to see a victory. Our record there is appalling.

The closest we came was three years ago when we were two up after twenty minutes, and Harris was sent off. The rest was all too familiar.....
Let's hope our luck changes next season. It's overdue.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Let's hope our luck changes next season. It's overdue.
Two up and they were not in the game, and Jay in a moment of madness, got himself sent off.
I remember the lights going off and I didn't go to the replay cos of work.
I remember once, I think when that jockey was running things. We all met up in the pub up the road, and the young uns started ahead of the rest of us. A bunch of reprobates, sitting on the wall started winding the lads up. Just as it was about to get serious, we crossed the road where that stupid roundabout is and the cowards ran off. I think we were seated in the main stand, instead of the away goal end.
Magic Roundabout it's called, I would think that the council planners were on magic mushrooms!