• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Orient v Rovers

Match result

• Leyton Orient

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Orient v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Breyer Group Stadium
Saturday, September 3, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 3, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Didn’t see any of the game but it sounds like another game where we did ok but were toothless in attack. Still questions marks for me around striker recruitment. 2 injured strikers and are the other two capable of scoring regularly? Or is it lack of service

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
how shit is this team away from home god we are so bad and we have two lads up top who just doesn't look like scoring Hemmings 1 in 9 games is just not good enough and Nevitt 2 in 9 is not good enough goals goals goals my ass

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Service to Hemmings has been bemoaned in the past and there were two good crosses to his feet today, right in front of goal, that he could have done better with. I agree about the bright start but it fizzled out, particularly in the second half with only a few brief glimpses of any quality. Our away results already seem to be our Achilles heel again; is it mindset or are we just not good enough to cope with teams being a bit more adventurous at home? Oh for another meaningful away win soon.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Hemmings is just low on confidence in front of goal at the moment.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don’t think it’s a psychological thing. I think just like last season we don’t have many goals in us. That puts more pressure on the defence and if we concede the first goal we normally can’t get back into games especially away from home.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
but the way we are playing like we do no wonder he is low on confidence also losing so many away games in the last two seasons our home form can't keep us going it is just not good enough and something needs to change

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It certainly sounded like we were creating chances but not putting them away. Strikers do lose confidence if they go a while without scoring, no matter what the reason.

I’d be interested to hear how Burton fared upfront and also Simeu. I notice that Rhys Hughes has been coming on a lot. Does he look like a useful squad member?

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I am going into service now pissed off with it the football that is and got 100 to feed

Player
Manager
John King
I don’t think it’s a psychological thing. I think just like last season we don’t have many goals in us. That puts more pressure on the defence and if we concede the first goal we normally can’t get back into games especially away from home.
However, that does not explain the discrepancy between the home and away form. We scored five in the previous two home games, and we have scored significantly more goals in the opening games this season than we did this time last year.

At Newport we took the lead and were on top early on, but still ended up defeated.

I think it is just general inconsistency.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
However, that does not explain the discrepancy between the home and away form. We scored five in the previous two home games, and we have scored significantly more goals in the opening games this season than we did this time last year.

At Newport we took the lead and were on top early on, but still ended up defeated.

I think it is just general inconsistency.
Might the difference in goal scoring at PP and away this season also reflect on the quality of the opponents? Mansfield and Newport were in and around the play-off mix last season, Orient currently top the table.

Player
Manager
John King
Might the difference in goal scoring at PP and away this season also reflect on the quality of the opponents? Mansfield and Newport were in and around the play-off mix last season, Orient currently top the table.
Yes, absolutely, in which case the away defeats are not particularly remarkable or unexpected.

My point was that we were not prolific even in home games last season, regardless of the opposition, but have scored six in three home matches so far this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There was not a great deal of difference between the two sides today. We played well at times but we couldn't put the ball in the net. They didn't have many chances but were clinical when they did.

I don't know why but we definately find it easier scoring at home than we do away.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ironically in the league it’s played 7, scored 7, conceded 7.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Away form stats since the start of last season

Played 27.
Won 5
Drawn 10
Lost 12

Goals scored 18. Goals conceded 30.

We've only scored more than one goal on four occasions, and none of those matches yielded three points

Defensively it’s impressive conceding practically a goal a game. But scoring goals a massive issue on our travels

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Away form stats since the start of last season

Played 27.
Won 5
Drawn 10
Lost 12

Goals scored 18. Goals conceded 30.

We've only scored more than one goal on four occasions, and none of those matches yielded three points

Defensively it’s impressive conceding practically a goal a game. But scoring goals a massive issue on our travels
That's absolutely woefull and frankly not good enough, that's why we are not going to go anywhere until it changes

Player
Manager
John King

Questions the character and determination of the players and says lack of competition due to injuries is an issue.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, they stuck to the game plan and were doing well up until the goal, then the heads went down. He definately has his work cut out with this lot, but that's the direction the club wanted to go so let's hope he can find the answers, and soon.

It saddens me a little that the players do not have the character and determination at times, as that for me is a basic requirement when playing for the club. Let's hope we get some competition back soon.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Hemmings is not reassuring. I think this is part of his demeanor though.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mickys interview openly critical of the front two in particular. Says a couple of times about them knowing they’ll play every week as no competition for places in that area.

I don’t have much sympathy for Micky because they knew that would be the case when they spent a lot of the budget on lots of centre backs and central midfielders. It only left money for mumbongo as a striker back up who wasn’t even fit. That was mickys and the clubs choice to go down that road and we all knew it left us exposed in attacking areas. We only really have two proper wingers in Morris and hawkes so when one is injured we’re limited for that option. Again the clubs decision to go down that road when recruiting solely for 3-5-2

Slightly bizarre that he says glatzel is fit so no idea at all why he wasn’t at least on the bench.